Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Melancholy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Where have we started it? Why did it began that day? And what will I do next time I'll have the choice again?"

Winter wasn't asleep, as he thought. Old dreams, as usual, tormented him again and again. That wasn't unusual. These dreams are appearing every time he thinks about his previous life.

A loud voice spoke.

"Why are you so exhausted? Is there no cure for your disease?"

Winter closed his eyes.

"You are a part of me, I'm a part of you. That must be obvious for both of us."

"Don't you find strange that you easily speak to me every time you need?"

"I understand that I'm... unique in this kind. Not that many people are working with yo... With us," he corrected his words. "voluntarily."

"Humans are the cancer of our universe. You understand this, you want to help us to heal the universe, and, as one who understands, you are counted not as usual one, but as one of us."

"Haven't I just surrendered? But... no. I can clearly see that my situiation is less miserable than one belonging to my previous life."

Nobody responds him.

What must he do next?
He was nearly dead due to previous act of restoration of Forgotten Foes Pact.
But wait, there was someone who helped him.
Name's Eric? Right? Who's that?
Just a human? Or something more important?

"Signum's destiny is to break the zero point. Always."

That's so stupid.

Ryan opened his eyes and looked at screen.
"Transmission? Where from?"

That couldn't be that.
Who can find him here, in Gallic space, where nobody understands where are ups and downs?

"Brother?"
"And not only brother. Alice is there too."
"What do they want?"

"Anyway... I must check if that's a trap or not. If that's not a trap, I'll convert them."

A loud voice spoke again.

"A wise idea."
As he came through the storm, he found himself in horror.

"Afterwards there is a payment for your sin."

"Do I appreciate this?"

"Always."

"Leading myself to power."

But the storm never ends. It pushes all the dreams to the backgorund, leaving only pain and horror behind.

"Do we trust?"

A system that was never born will never die, and an incomplete, damaged personality causes a broken mind.

A deranged man calls himself normal.

But he's not alone, and this time his survival depends only on what it wants.

Is death still not an option?