Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, Discovery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello freelancers,
My name is Dan, I'm from Romania and this is my first post. Probably, my english is not too good, but I'm learning and try to do all my best to become better and better.

I played this game on Discovery server long time ago, but only for a few months and I think it was just before release of 4.86 version. But I liked it, so I installed the game again and now I'm trying to see what new features were added during all these years. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed by the wiki (it seems to be outdated). However, thanks to this guide, I was able to create a new character and I look forward to re-exploring the new face of Sirius. From what I saw so far, there are a lot of changes... I'm still confused about POB's (and their roles), restarts commands and other things... but I believe that I still can play in "the old style" and learn on the way. So, I have picked a suitable name for my character (Justin Morgan) and I decided to create a story for him. For the moment, I'm not ready to join in any faction. I prefer to raising some money as a freelancer trader and buy a new ship (I'm dreaming to "Serenity") for Justin. Later I will look around and see if I can find a suitable corporation for him.

I really don't know what to say more... I'm a pretty active player I guess, usually on the game 3-5 days/week for 2-3 hours. I'm mature, respectful, and I hope to make new friends here and see where this goes.
See you in space Smile
Hey, mate. Welcome to Disco.

Don't worry about your English. If anything, Disco has helped my language skills in a manner no school activity could. If you have specific questions about things you don't understand, just post them in this thread. I am sure we can help.

Remember to re-re-read the rules and have a fun stay.
Hello there, welcome....
Your English isn't that bad at all, anyways take your time to choose your play style, enjoy and have fun....
Oh and if you need any tips don't hesitate to ask...
Thank you for your welcoming words, sindroms. I will follow your advice (regarding any further questions and... re-reading the rules).

Later edit: thank's also to Mister_X
Hey! Welcome , have fun.
Fellow Romanian says hello. (:
See you in space Cool
Last time i met many Bulgarian players and even 1 from Bangladesh!
Ok, I have a question but I don't want to open a separate thread for it so I'll just ask it here. After a brief period of adjustment to the game, I'm still trying to figure out what faction to pick for my character. I'm looking for a trade/shipping corporation because my char is a trader.

The point is that I want an active group of players to be a part of, but I'm a little confused... I could be wrong, but judging from forum and game activity, I noticed that many of official factions (like DSE or IC) are pretty inactive.

A few years ago I remember that I had the opportunity to meet in game a lot of representatives who constantly were there just to convince all newcomers to join in their groups, but now, it looks like most of them are freelancers...

So, I just wonder why so many people are concerned to join in 'pvp focused' groups? Why now are so few traders?
ALG OR IMG those two print money
Maybe try Kruger| , Kruger| have a pretty good activity (not in my time zone though)
~Devil
Pages: 1 2