Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shooting same ID.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something is not really right here. As far as I am concerned, Liberty Rogues and |G / |GNG guys have an RP which I believe allows them to fire between themselves, as far as I remember we all agreed that such actions are justified if done with proper roleplay.

There's all the evidence that |GNG |G are not in good relations between them and LR, so shooting each other was justified and NOWHERE IN THE ID IT IS FORBIDDEN to shoot at the same ID - following the rule "if not forbidden nor allowed, this is allowed".

How it is different from Liberty Navy shooting other Liberty Navy, with proper RP? How is it different from KPT shooting at KNF alongside with other KNF, again with proper RP?

FR5 is justified as roleplay request. Sanctioning is not, because I believe, as far as I asked in the past, that shooting same ID is justified by roleplay. Jaysus damn it. I'd understand sanctioning Navy vs Navy, but Rogues vs Rogues? They are holy mother pancake UNLAWFULS.

So, we have double standards, or something? I missed something? We no longer agree on the exceptions from the ID rules, as RP should make exceptions on the ID?

Situations like this, forced by admins, even with good intentions, always go to the point of that ID prevails, while ID should only be a TIPS FOR ROLEPLAYERS, not STRICT AS HELL RULES. Damn KNF and RM are still PENDING damn ALLIANCE, what is more than years old ROLEPLAY and yet nobody moved a finger in that direction.

Quo vadis, Discovery?
Liberty Navy don't shoot Liberty Navy. KPT and KNF don't share an ID. |GNG and |G are the exact same thing, merely tagged separately to avoid the one ID per faction rule. LR shooting LR has indeed happened before, but last time (Since I filed the last one) it was a Rogue Fighter defending an Outcast cap that broke the Rogues code of conduct, both had similar results. An independent pirate telling a Liberty Rogue to shoot a Liberty Rogue warlord/warlady, that doesn't make sense INRP now does it?
You do not shoot the same ID with the same ID. Period. The only exceptions are generic IDs, such as the Pirate ID or Freelancer ID.

And no. It is also not forbidden in the server rules to subtly mislead new players into making them a danger to the server. It does not mean you should. "Not forbidden, thus allowed" is a flower way to justify something. It does not work.

The only way same IDs can open fire on same IDs is via faction rights. Or to shut down a malicious and rule-breaking player from harming server gameplay until an admin can arrive on scene and detain them.

Check your privilege.
(12-23-2014, 05:39 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]An independent pirate telling a Liberty Rogue to shoot a Liberty Rogue warlord/warlady, that doesn't make sense now does it?
Oh sorry, point me in ID where it is forbidden? Both players agreed, roleplayed it perfectly, so their actions are justified to follow the orders - other player's decision can override ID, or I don't understand something?

Tell me how house military do not shoot house military with same ID house military due to disobedience yet they are not santioned for it? Eh?

We either follow the same rules everywhere, or we make exceptions everywhere. Make up your minds already!
Toji.
Your name is popping up in 3 our of 5 chats I am in on skype.
People are comparing you with NoMe right now.

Stop posting.
(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]Something is not really right here. As far as I am concerned, Liberty Rogues and |G / |GNG guys have an RP which I believe allows them to fire between themselves, as far as I remember we all agreed that such actions are justified if done with proper roleplay.
hahaha
are you really implying LR- enjoys their presence in Liberty both inRP and ooRPly?

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]There's all the evidence that |GNG |G are not in good relations between them and LR, so shooting each other was justified and NOWHERE IN THE ID IT IS FORBIDDEN to shoot at the same ID - following the rule "if not forbidden nor allowed, this is allowed".
To expand upon what I said above, this isn't legitimate RP. What G and GNG are doing is just ilegitimate and flower. A Liberty Rogue wouldn't dare shoot a primary Rogue, specifically a Rogue Warlord (warlady). In reality that Rogue captain would probably be dead next time he docked at a base because you do not mess with a Rogue warlord.

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]How it is different from Liberty Navy shooting other Liberty Navy, with proper RP? How is it different from KPT shooting at KNF alongside with other KNF, again with proper RP?
Because the RP would've been allowed by both sides.

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]FR5 is justified as roleplay request. Sanctioning is not, because I believe, as far as I asked in the past, that shooting same ID is justified by roleplay.
What I said above again.

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]So, we have double standards, or something? I missed something? We no longer agree on the exceptions from the ID rules, as RP should make exceptions on the ID?
When both sides don't agree to flower RP.

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]Situations like this, forced by admins, even with good intentions, always go to the point of that ID prevails, while ID should only be a TIPS FOR ROLEPLAYERS, not STRICT AS HELL RULES.
They're guidelines that keep people on the path to playing their role.

(12-23-2014, 05:35 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]Damn KNF and RM are still PENDING damn ALLIANCE, what is more than years old ROLEPLAY and yet nobody moved a finger in that direction.
They already do have an alliance, how is it pending?
If it's been broken so many times and people were getting sanctioned for it, how about adding a specified rule to the server rules about this?
* Protégé rushes to hide under a fireproof blanket.
/thread
(12-23-2014, 05:44 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2014, 05:39 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]An independent pirate telling a Liberty Rogue to shoot a Liberty Rogue warlord/warlady, that doesn't make sense now does it?
Oh sorry, point me in ID where it is forbidden? Both players agreed, roleplayed it perfectly, so their actions are justified to follow the orders - other player's decision can override ID, or I don't understand something?

Tell me how house military do not shoot house military with same ID house military due to disobedience yet they are not santioned for it? Eh?

We either follow the same rules everywhere, or we make exceptions everywhere. Make up your minds already!

There has never been an exception when it involves shooting the same ID. The only one I can think of was the Outcast Civil war, which the admins had to rip people off of each other to end. How hard is it to not do it? Do you see an LN dude shoot an LN i\dude because an LSF dude told him to? Your reasoning is "it's not forbidden, therefore it is allowed." while to everyone else, it is an oorp action that does not fit with the ID or RP of the faction. Rogues are pirates, yes, thats established. However, next to independent pirates, they are way more organized, with ranking and warlords at the top. Rogues respect this and accept it. When an independent pirate rolls on to Rogues turf, befriends a Rogue and tells him to shoot his boss, when the Rogue knows that the Independent pirate is breaking Rogue law just by being there, would he do it on the grounds that "He is my friend"?
(12-23-2014, 05:46 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Toji.
Your name is popping up in 3 our of 5 chats I am in on skype.
People are comparing you with NoMe right now.

Stop posting.

I wanted to point out double standards, you are closing my mouth as I want to do that. Okay then, I'll shut up and pirate silently in the corner of Sirius, because I am just amazed by something that has loopholes all over it.
Pages: 1 2