Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Heart of our Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

It has been some unforgettable times together. I’m sure that there will be more; this is certainly not a farewell post.
What is the heart of this, our Freelancer Players Community? Is it the wonders that discovery brings us, the power of the human imagination, the desire to polish a treasured old game? Perhaps the mod creator, Igiss, strongly believed in discovery, and labeled it the heart of the community that his creativity would spawn.

The question remains: What is the heart of this, our Freelancer Players Community?

My answer is not meant to provide the best answer for the question, but I can throw in a powerful word that resounds in the hearts of many: friendship. Many of us learned friendship here; that bond whose true meaning is obscured by circumstances and decisions. Having lost friendships, many people have abandoned all hope and left, and friendship is also the reason why so many are still willing to help and inspire the changes they believe to be the best for us.

To be irrelevant to friendship is to be a true enemy of this community – a dark illusion and self-deceit that often tries to convince everyone of the need to be impartial; ultimately, it is a side effect of fear and selfishness. “Play the game” some may want to say. “Admins should befriend nobody”, some may think. I believe that the Admins are supposed to be everyone’s friends, those with the burden to protect their friends from their own selves, from the things that they cannot understand, and to make decisions that sacrifice their own image for the good of the people under their watch – something I’ve done as an elder brother, and something our parents probably did for us.

We have all disappointed our friends at some point; we’ve all failed and learned painful lessons, but enough of us are still here and able to set many things right. Freelancer will one day fade, but friendship will last. Many of us are often compelled to return here in hopes of reuniting with old friends, perhaps even in hopes of making up for what they’ve done, or for some, another opportunity to be forgiven.

F_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Freelancer, or Friendship? Probably both.

If you still have a chance to right a wrong, do your best to make it so.

Our friendship will hold this community together for as long as it can exist.

-Sky