Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GMG Textures for the Taiidan ship line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took it into my head to make a GMG textural style and impart it to the Taiidan ships so I wouldnt have to die looking at lo-res homeworld textures in a hi-res FL environment.

The new GMG style Ive made is a combination of an edited borderworlds type base plating, with some Kusari inspired trim lynchpinned together in a homeworld-ish manner (I used the location of hull texture features on the old HW textures as reference for my hull details)

Behold;
[Image: Freelancer2008-09-2317-03-35-75.jpg]
[Image: Freelancer2008-09-2317-03-32-53.jpg]
[Image: Freelancer2008-09-2317-02-55-46.jpg]
[Image: Freelancer2008-09-2317-02-46-49.jpg]

If the devs are interested in this texture pack, or anyone else for that matter wants to take it and cannibalize it for their GMG or semi-psuedo-Kusari-Civillian/industrial ships then let me know.
You appear to be able to texture. I believe that is a skill that is very much needed currently. In regards to the retexturing, it's quite nice. Some stretched faces on the final ship near the front of it but apart from that, suits FL and GMG.
If you have any spare time however, you would be a great help in finishing some of the ships I have lying around.
PM me and Id be more than happy to discuss doing some textures for you :)

EDIT; the stretched faces are still a work in progress along with the bomber... but theyre all close to completion.
It just goes to show how much textures change things...
the taiidan bomber has been redesigned by jinx as a GMG bomber.

Nice to know more people here can texture though, I sure as hell cant do it =P I can make the models, but I cant paint em.
Well, I can paint em, and I can make em to some degree, but I dont have the programs to make em in a useable format and Im nowhere near as good as alot of the modelers here... so I just paint em. :)

Ive been doing textures in games for years.. so when I finally deciphered the FL UTF editor I was in heaven.

tune in soon for a new set of textures for the civillian ship line! :D
Yeah, your texturing seems awesome to me, though I know only that it looks good.
Someone else might say that it's 'unclean' or something, but I can't see those things, so I'm just talking about prettiness.
Maybe you could re-texture some other models then?
Some really need it.