Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The way to win.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1. Nerf Cent, take away 750 m/s guns from sairs. Too OPed. Too undeserved. Too many favours for one faction. Bergelmir is also way too little for a bomber. Brings much o' butt-hurt, I guarantee that. Yet dunno about Rapier, people still complain while I haven't yet encountered an imba one.
2. Nerf Rockets. Is that clear? Having 5 spamming noobs on your tail leaves no chances to survive at all. Don't give em fish instead of fishing pole.

3. Bring back the old eagluh. Why killing the good ol' tradition? Are you insane? Won't even explain further.
4. Bring back old Omega-11. Make Solarius belong to Hessians already. Current system layout is huge, terrible and alogical. Mining fields are placed goddamned 50K away from Freital, on the opposite side of the system, so that when I log, thief is able to easily escape while I'm getting to him. Jump Holes are scattered as after a supernova's explosion. No more JH from 11 to 5 (!!!). What comes to Solarius: Glorious Hessians, who have conquered NB and Gamma for so many times can't deal with a little station inside their own hive? Huh. (Don't tell me that this damned base is left there so that random Daumyann/Krugur thieves could get their meaty cheeks inside when I come. The more I try to RP, the closer that spacemaggot becomes to the precious base of safety. Don't complain about the lack of RP then).
5. Bring back old Flashpoint projectile. Thank you for letting me recall good ol' times when I had to take off from NY with $500 in pockets and listen to that LSF shiez from Juni. Times were fun, but not enough to force them SO hard. The strongest weapon should have the simpliest projectile, the one as it had in vanilla and all previous versions.
6. Remove systems separating "hot" ones from each other. The most weird move ever. (Hello, activity below 100 players on week-end evenings!). Haven't you been told of the Discovery Code?
RP is a lie, there are only pews.
Through pews, I gain activity.
Through activity, I gain inspiration.
Through inspiration, I gain ideas.
Through ideas, my RP starts living.
The Forum shall never free me.

7. Remove Docking Ring torpedoes. I'm tired of helpless noobs hugging planets. In the past we could get a dozen of pulse in the face, but not a goddamned one-shotting torps! People hiding behind such things are only showing how cheap they are. Such a pity to see.
8. Introduce a rule to force PoBs' construction sites to be at least 5k away from the nearest JH. This also kills raiding, thus leading to the drop of acitivity as the consequence. I wonder why such rule hasn't been released yet.

- As a side-note: it all may sound rather demanding and stuff, but more than a half of the things mentioned in this list were introduced SOMEWHY, for some reasons, which I still can't get. Maybe it was done in a matter of an experiment, as I hope.
I feel your pain.
You sound like someone, who does not have friends to play with or support you and can't get your easy blues.
Disregarded. Carry on.
Not sure about point number 1, and I have my own ideas regarding point number 2, not sure about 4 and 6 but everything else you said is true.
Not sure about the docking ring torps thing. I regularly fly my Waran to Houston and engage Junkers and rival pirates there, I'm taking fire from a prison station, a stationary battleship, a docking ring, and assorted weapons platforms as well as the guy laughing into his coffee as I give him an engaging notice and have never been "1 shotted" like you said.
(01-04-2015, 10:55 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]You sound like someone, who does not have friends to play with or support you and can't get your easy blues.
Disregarded. Carry on.
Blues are never easy enough for such a snub pervert as me.
But still, it sounds like an insult. You sure you want it?

(01-05-2015, 03:47 AM)|nfrared Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the docking ring torps thing. I regularly fly my Waran to Houston and engage Junkers and rival pirates there, I'm taking fire from a prison station, a stationary battleship, a docking ring, and assorted weapons platforms as well as the guy laughing into his coffee as I give him an engaging notice and have never been "1 shotted" like you said.

Try going to any House capital, you'll get it. Those Rings are special ones, I promise. Same goes for Crete's Ring, maybe for Malta's as well, and for some others. They're not anyhow counterable by CMs/various maneuvers, if you're in it's range, consider yourself dead.

There can be one more possible thing, that your Waran outtanks their damage, but I'm not sure. The things mentioned above go for typical VHFs, however, I'm not sure about Waran could be one-shotted like that as well nor that you were flying close to the proper Rings.
Oh don't worry, I had a better comment here, but it seems that Alley invised it.
Write it again, I want to know!
Um why the hell do you think you should be able to survive in a dogfight right next to the capital planet of a hostile faction? That seems like a rather silly situation to believe you could have a fair fight in.
I'm a Xeno and therefore have accepted that life isn't fair. I've gotten over it long ago. And what is this "fair fight" thing you mention?
But seriously, sometimes you just have to make life more interesting.

The way to win - accept that the playing field isn't level. That's half the battle won right there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11