Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Been working on this (in 3DS Max)

Junker Gunboat

It's nearly done, only one thing.

I don't know how to get the model into Freelancer. From what I've read on the forums, the only exporter is for Milkshape. To cut the story short, I'm not a fan.

Would someone else be happy to take it from here?
uh... might be nice if you could link images and not just 3ds files.

anyways, im not sure how to get 3dsmax files into freelancer either. It's the same program I use.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just figured out your little 3d viewer thing =P

Nice model, but I think the red needs to be removed. Junker ships dont have red, they're generally just gunmetal & construction yellow. You could replace the red with a rusty color too, that'd fit jinx's salvage frigate better.
It looks good...

But...

It doesnt really have that Junker feel yano.
I like it, but I don't.

The red has to go... and the feel just isn't Junker.
This looks to me like a Molly GB. Really nice model, but not Junkerish enough.
However, with some retexturing, I think it'd be a cute Molly GB.
' Wrote:uh... might be nice if you could link images and not just 3ds files.

anyways, im not sure how to get 3dsmax files into freelancer either. It's the same program I use.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just figured out your little 3d viewer thing =P

Nice model, but I think the red needs to be removed. Junker ships dont have red, they're generally just gunmetal & construction yellow. You could replace the red with a rusty color too, that'd fit jinx's salvage frigate better.

Yea, I thought the red was probably a bit too much. It just seemed dull without any markings. But then I guess "dull looking" fits in with vanilla ships.:P

I tried adding things like bits of metal armor nailed on to make it look Junkery, but that kind of junker look appears flimsy. Looks like it'll fall to bits when hit. I don't really know how else to make it look "Junkery" since the only true junker ships I have to refer to are the CSVs 1 and 2.
3dsmax to Freelancer in 3 easy steps!
1. Export file as a .3ds file.
2. Import file as a .3ds file with Milkshape.
3. Export file as a .cmp file.

Done.
Or so, sur, mat file etc.

In relation to the ship, the colours look a bit odd and the front of the ship seems a bit flat but aside from that, it looks very nice but also not too Junkerish. All in all, quite nice.
' Wrote:This looks to me like a Molly GB. Really nice model, but not Junkerish enough.
However, with some retexturing, I think it'd be a cute Molly GB.

Would the Molly's need a GB?

I see them flying Rogue Gunboats at the moment.
When the server was up I had a few people chatting to me about this design. I have a few ideas to make it look more like a Junker gunboat, however it'll have to wait until tomorow
The rogue gunboat is a joint rogue/molly ship. It's only sold on molly stations actually.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5