Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Giggle Snort's Final Cinematic Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,
I think I'm finally done with this video. Let me know what you guys think.

Competition link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n60MQYux_w
Very cool!
Now THIS is what a trailer should be like. Everyone else who submitted, please take note. This is how you get new players.
Just a technical comment that it is rather dark.

Otherwise, it looked awesome!
It looks cool, and I liked a lot of it. The music you chose was great and I like how you edited the entire thing to fit with the music. It's pretty awesome.

I like that you decided to do the voiceover, but it wasn't necessarily the greatest thing I've ever heard. It wasn't particularly natural and you emphasised pretty much every other word, which might sound dramatic, but is also very unnatural. And, after the halfway point it seemed like you just stopped to give a damn about recording more than one take and just went with the first one. Also, I even told you in skype, you should have recorded this in Audacity, removed noise, compressed and equalised the entire thing. As it is, as far as quality is concerned, it's not bad, but it could have been done better.

I'd have to complain about camera work though. It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it was shaky, in some cases you even zoomed in and out (like during the scene with the Outcast battleship). You also changed the speed of some shots which looked kinda meh.

Also the mediocre no signal effect after the Nomad battleship and half the footage recorded in conn, but that's just me clinging to details.

All in all, I liked it, but... yeah.
that's pretty great , love it
can you please stop, you always act like that you are the best and rest are fools.
Nah the video was good, but voiceover was not the best..
Quote: can you please stop, you always act like that you are the best and rest are fools.
That's called constructive criticism.

: Especially that as I said, I'm very positive about Giggle's submission, I just pointed out a few things I didn't like about it.
I liked it Big Grin Nothing more to say...
Good Job!

*transmission end*
I find it awsome. The narrator gives a watcher an idea of what he is seeing there, like "ah, these are traders" and "ah, this is an alien and a common threat", etc. It pokes players who love to be lawfuls (when it is about the hunters) and also those who prefer the bad side.

I am positive that this one will represent Disco very well, among the other very good ones.

Good luck!

Jack
Pages: 1 2