Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Website Host Change Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm curious if i need to save or in some way back up all of my RP stories?

i believe i would die a gruesome death if i lost all my writings.
Just copy and paste all your stories into word or notepad and save them as a file then back it up on a pen-drive... thats what i do.
Guess I'll wait a weeee bit longer before posting up the official faction description and recruitment thread;)
What? Who? Threads vanishing? What? Huh?

Is this scare-mongering or what is happening?

Huh?
READ THIS

Also known as - back all your stuff up - just in case...

(Thanks for the heads up, Igiss)
Oh freaking joy I have like 10 stories all over several pages long. This'll
be some fun shtuff yo.
If it happens, it happens...the world will not end & the sun will always rise.

Personally, I just click 'save as' in my browser for each page of my RP writings; so if the worst happens, all I have to do is cut & paste that.

As far as my hundreds of other posts...I simply couldn't care less about those.

Buck up campers... this is just one of life's little curve balls & ya gotta learn to adapt & deal.
I assume this includes all faction info, message dumps, etc.?
I'm guessing they're just porting the forum database to the new hosting. If that's the case, no threads or user info will be lost.

Just a guess.
"Please beware that the site might become inaccessible, and your forum posts/attachments/PMs may be gone after the transfer is complete due to DNS server change delay."

This means that the DNS (Domain Name Server) will have to catch up to all the links on the forums. Your posts will be there but the DNS might point you in the wrong direction for a bit.

I think:P

Sounds like it just mostly refers to the most recent posts
Pages: 1 2 3