Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Copy of Freelancer Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-23-2015, 09:40 PM)Alvin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the comment guys, Ive manage to get working copy now.
As for the laptop, it is a HP Envy which not all model come with a CD/DVD rom.

yep the same one here
delete
if you have an image of a game, this could be in various formats, most popular are .nrg (nero), .img (dunno) and .iso (sometimes comes with a .cue file, and sometimes needed)

heres what you do

either download "alchohol 120%" or the one i use, "daemon tools lite"

what these progs do is make a virtual drive on your comp, in other words fools you comp into thinking there another cd/dvd rom, or in the case of no drive, that there is one

then you put the image on your hard drive somewhere safe that you wont go and delete it, then load up either of these 2 progs and "mount" the image, sometimes its just drap and drop, then when you click "my computer" it should show the "dvd/cd", in FL case itll show the Freelancer helmet icon, then you can open it and run setup as if it was a real dvd

.nrg and .img can be drag and dropped, but sometimes with an .iso, you can only drag and drop the .cue file (which tells the comp what the .iso is all about)
delete
PMed you.
(01-27-2015, 08:20 PM)Scotia Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, i just need help getting a copy without downloading some virus ridden torrent software. I just wiped my system, but my iso corrupted and my FL disc is long past useful.

http://www.qbittorrent.org/

it's a free torrent client and it didn't suffer the sad fate of utorrent yet.
Too bad that Freelancer is not on STEAM Sad
You can buy Freelancer on Amazon.
i had same problem. bittorrent + daemon tools lite fixed it for me
(01-27-2015, 07:21 PM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]if you have an image of a game, this could be in various formats, most popular are .nrg (nero), .img (dunno) and .iso (sometimes comes with a .cue file, and sometimes needed)

heres what you do

either download "alchohol 120%" or the one i use, "daemon tools lite"

what these progs do is make a virtual drive on your comp, in other words fools you comp into thinking there another cd/dvd rom, or in the case of no drive, that there is one

then you put the image on your hard drive somewhere safe that you wont go and delete it, then load up either of these 2 progs and "mount" the image, sometimes its just drap and drop, then when you click "my computer" it should show the "dvd/cd", in FL case itll show the Freelancer helmet icon, then you can open it and run setup as if it was a real dvd

.nrg and .img can be drag and dropped, but sometimes with an .iso, you can only drag and drop the .cue file (which tells the comp what the .iso is all about)

I did these things; but when I try to extract the FL.7 iso file the destination file is empty. How do I extract the info to load into the deamon created hard drive? it keeps telling me to load a disk when I click on extract to "the created hard drive.
Pages: 1 2