Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Copy of Freelancer Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got a new laptop after the old one broken down. Realised it had no cd rom to install my disk....
Anyone know where I can get a digital copy ?
the game isn't sold anymore, and it wasn't sold digitally. your best bet is to find a torrent and install it with a virtual drive. If you don't want to do that and you still have your physical copy, you could get a usb cd drive and install through that.
(01-22-2015, 11:00 PM)Alvin Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a new laptop after the old one broken down. Realised it had no cd rom to install my disk....

No CD drive?

Does it have a DVD drive or something like that? I have *never* heard of a Laptop that doesn't have a drive of some sort installed.

Anyway, a possible fix for your problem.

If you have access to another computer, make an 'image' from your Freelancer CD, copy that and some sort of program that can make a 'virtual' CD/DVD drive (I use Alcohol 120%) onto your Laptop, create a virtual cd drive, mount the image of Freelancer that you made and Bob's your uncle (or aunty as the case may be).

Googling for a digital copy of Freelancer didn't give me anything, but I did find out that you can still get Freelancer from Amazon.com!

Failing that, you may be able to find an ISO online somewhere, but YOU will have to find it.
google freelancer iso
1st result
http://theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windo...reelancer/
i've been using this one for some time since somebody took my original home with them
(01-22-2015, 11:19 PM)Mickk Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2015, 11:00 PM)Alvin Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a new laptop after the old one broken down. Realised it had no cd rom to install my disk....

No CD drive?

Does it have a DVD drive or something like that? I have *never* heard of a Laptop that doesn't have a drive of some sort installed.

Most Ultrabooks dont have CD/DVD drives, so the virtual CD + ISO route would be the best option
Inb4lock, because pirating and stuff.

But ye... Torrents, not gonna post any links, but you should be able to find a site that will supply you with a large list of them.
Pm sent that will solve the thread.
Lets keep the thread legal. As far as I know op owns the original game, but has no drive, so wants a genuine iso backup.

Please take torrents elsewhere

I have an original copy and had the same trouble with my dad's new laptop.
Thanks for all the comment guys, Ive manage to get working copy now.
As for the laptop, it is a HP Envy which not all model come with a CD/DVD rom.

See you all in space again
You are free to get image from the internet, if you own the game. You can do the same, if you possess the other language version (like I did with Morrowind Gold Edition, because I possess the Polish version, but due to this fact mods cannot be used - or you have multilanguage hell within the game).

Edit: Oh wait. It's closed case I believe.
Pages: 1 2