Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Activity Requirements for Official Factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
With the update being released, server population increasing and the newly instituted Official Faction perks, the Admins have decided to reinstate activity requirements for all Official factions enforced March 1st.

The new requirements are twenty four (24) hours of activity per month and five (5) active members.

Factions failing to achieve these standards will be warned after the first month. If a faction remains below activity requirements for any of the following three months, they will lose officialdom.

We know that some factions will have more difficulty reaching the activity requirement than others. This can be due to any number of reasons. If, as a faction leader, you feel it impossible to reach the activity threshold, you may make a Player Request stating your hardship, with ways you feel we can improve your situation for you. The Admins will discuss your options with you. I would suggest doing this ASAP and not waiting until your faction is about to be dropped for lack of activity.

We want each and every faction to succeed and grow, but we also don't want dead factions lying around not doing anything either. If you help yourselves, we will try and help you.
We all knew this was coming I guess...

24 hours seems reasonable. 5 members honestly seems a bit excessive.
A faction can contribute perfectly well with four or even three members.

Edit: We had 30 hours, five members before. Why not retain the proportion, 24 hours, four members?
[Image: 95.gif]

Neat.
can you define exactly what "active member" means?
Is there a minimum amount of time?

Edit: also the activity counter is not counting correctly. For example I know that someone from my faction logged today and they are still at 0. maybe it is just that they logged for first time and have to log twice for the thing to kick in?
(01-26-2015, 01:26 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]can you define exactly what "active member" means?

Edit: also the activity counter is not counting correctly. For example I know that someone from my faction logged today and they are still at 0. maybe it is just that they logged for first time and have to log twice for the thing to kick in?

If you have never logged that ship since the database reset, the first day will not be counted. It only starts counting after. The first day is basically here to tell the database "hello I exist, start paying attention to me"
Nom the tracker only resets like once a day.
(01-26-2015, 01:32 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]If you have never logged that ship since the database reset, the first day will not be counted. It only starts counting after. The first day is basically here to tell the database "hello I exist, start paying attention to me"

OK that makes sense now. thanks!
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-26-2015, 01:20 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]We all knew this was coming I guess...

24 hours seems reasonable. 5 members honestly seems a bit excessive.
A faction can contribute perfectly well with four or even three members.

Edit: We had 30 hours, five members before. Why not retain the proportion, 24 hours, four members?
I fully agree here. Especially when there is no replacement, why stripping faction which has let´s say three members with steady activity from the officialdom? And why is the activity tracker (which has it´s bugs still, mind you) only source to judge from? Faction with ten hours and one active member is dead of course, but what about faction which has three or four active members, 2-3 days of activity and is also active on forums, is this really a dead faction which doesn´t deserve official status?

Also, perks are taken as justification here, but you are going to punish the faction two times for same thing. Low activity means that the faction has lower chance to get any perks (which over of this may but also may be not given because of several reason) and it can even lead to loss of those which they already has. And now over that you also want to strip them from officialdom.

In recent year we didn´t have activity checks. Did anyone notice any harm this caused? I didn´t. Different case would be active indie faction applying for officialdom and half-dead official faction, it makes sense then. But again, what good will bring if the low active official faction will lose it´s status when there will be no replacement and other factions will lose somebody to RP with at least over forums (tech requests, diplomacy changes etc) as indies can´t make decisions about whole ID.
(01-26-2015, 01:32 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2015, 01:26 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]can you define exactly what "active member" means?

If you have never logged that ship since the database reset, the first day will not be counted. It only starts counting after. The first day is basically here to tell the database "hello I exist, start paying attention to me"

The same thing happens if you haven't logged a ship in a month or you renamed or moved it to another account.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7