Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DELETE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-27-2015, 05:09 PM)Scotia Wrote: [ -> ]Typical guns in baseline Freelancer (if i recall accurately) do:

80% to one type of shield
100% to another type of shield
120% to the third type of shield

90% all around is under the damage you would typically do against 2/3 targets.

They were altered to 75 - 90 - 110% a while ago.
So codenames are exactly in the middle now.
Purpose of codename guns, I kind of felt like they were just to look different these days.
DELETE
The guns are being reworked, codenames currently however have the advantage of being "medicore" against all shield types, yielding the best versatility.
(01-30-2015, 09:29 AM)Pancakes Wrote: [ -> ]The guns are being reworked
This.

I intend to do a full 'balance pass' through fighter guns sometime in the near future. Right now, there are a fair few guns that are quite significantly more powerful than similar options. Advanced Flashpoints come to mind as a mix of top-tier efficiency, high speed and average DPS.

The codes I tweaked for the initial .88 release were ones that were overlooked in a .87 update that addressed codenames. In this update, SOLARIS, DULZIAN and so on weren't properly rebalanced, and ended up with ridiculous levels of efficiency. Perhaps SOLARIS are overly weak right now, but I greatly prefer that to having them be fast, powerful and stupidly efficient.

My intended balance for guns is roughly:

- Class 7 guns are the most efficient, but lowest damage option. They generally have a high refire rate.
- Class 8 guns provide a mix of efficiency and damage output, with refire rates varying (mostly) between 2.00 and 4.00.
- Class 9 (CODENAME) guns bring the most DPS to the table, but also offer the least efficiency of these three options. Their refire is mostly 2.00 and 3.03, with some exceptions.
DELETE
What is the first thing you want to do when fighting. Dropping your enemys sheilds and code names now drop all sheilds equally. that is a big plus even at a cost of 10% sheild power in striking.

so i can shoot any type of sheild instead of only getting 25% 50% and 100% agenst any 1 type of sheild?

i call that a heck of a bonus not a nerf !
Pages: 1 2