Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unforgivable sins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Saro made me think.
Criminals, like you know. The murderous ones and some others should be erased from this Earth permanently.

This is a Roleplay server. Do the same to the people that ruin the game, with the methods mentioned above a many times. 8)
Cheating, hacking, DDOS'ing, using non-discovery mods that give unfair advantage. Everything else can be forgiven, perhaps not instantly but given time... also, whoever gets permanently banned the second time - they had their chance.
You can reform any behavior with the right incentives.

Start cutting people out forever means there is no care for reform and id hope the admins aren't that philosophically stupid.

Any other server with a true admin that owns the machine the stuff on it and all players as your guests I would expect that.

But the admins invite who they want in and the community donates to the server (at the moment) Ideas of this nature are not appropriate to entertain whether or not 60% of the mob says so. its counter to the spirit of how disco has been run.
I see no problem in giving second chances.
After all if they screw again there should be no third chances. Cleaning the ban-list should be not on 6 months but on year at least.
Apart from the hackers and cheaters, I believe everyone should get a second chance. If they then blow this second chance, then game over for them.
I'll just throw in my two cents here. Even though I agree hacking/cheating and DDOSing are to be bannable- They should have a second chance arrival after six months. Second chance is it- Afterwards, it's the hammer.

Apart from this? I'd permaban a few people who've been extremely hostile to the admins. Sometimes I think you guys have far too much patience about who is allowed to get away for how long with openly spitting in your faces and beating strawmen to try and win over the community and use the 'you are biased' argument against admin after admin. So they're all biased against one another and the 'victim' in question... You know who I'd cite as an example, but I won't.

That's about it. The soul of an RP server is communication and open discussion, and some people just seem to be here for the blue messages and lulz, yet they get an infinite number of retries, even those that have SEVERAL running sanctions open, all with repeated offenses. Still, they kick and claw and go down screaming, instead of the Admins just doing what should be done and slap a permaban after not the first, not even the second, but THIRD logical, calm explanation is passed and unaccepted. Of course, proof and stuff comes in a different bag, that comes first.
Motivation is everything. A player that has repeatedly shown to want their own fun at the cost of everyone else's needs to be permanently removed from the community. As a person, player and in the past, admin/dev I've always given and expected respect for and from the people we play with. I would advise this as a guideline.

Don't play nice? If you're not a positive contribution to the game, there's no reason for you to be in it.
: Pfft, at least have the spine to name some names if you are going to use a substantial part of your post to single out specific players.

I'm not sure what unforgiveable sins should be. DDOS'ing and other things affecting the entire community, I guess. Some cheaters have been invited back into the community and seem to be contributing members, in spite of several bans.
Denial of Service Attacks.
(01-28-2015, 10:33 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: [ -> ]Motivation is everything. A player that has repeatedly shown to want their own fun at the cost of everyone else's needs to be permanently removed from the community. As a person, player and in the past, admin/dev I've always given and expected respect for and from the people we play with. I would advise this as a guideline.

Don't play nice? If you're not a positive contribution to the game, there's no reason for you to be in it.

I agree but I also disagree. You don't have to respect people. To force someone to respect someone else, The essence of sadomasochism, the essence of abjection. I think that would be a horrible outcome. I don't expect anything from anyone but I can only hope to have the same treatment, That' doesn't mean I'm allowed to kick him out simply because he doesn't want to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6