Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How do i use Account manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi every body, i was wondring how do i use account manager i cant seem to find the instructions on how to use it? So if eney 1 could posably help me, could u please post hear :mellow:
Nightfall,Jul 3 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:How could you missed this???

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...indpost&p=18674
[snapback]25452[/snapback]
oh ok ty
Im currently working on the final version of the FAM. It will be released to lancersreactors. It features a help file (well, i will use nights' post for the new account part. The rest is being writen now), and some improvement to the interfase.

It will have new buttons with icons along with the text menu. I need someone to do the icons as i cant use XP icons (that would be lame).

The help file will be html-styled.

Bugs fixed...

And the list will be sortable..

Etc...
I must say, I fine the instrctions unclear myself.

You are working on the next one? PLEASE add a "Create Account" feuture.

Or an option that clear's the account number so when you start, it generates a new number.

These would be nice, but probably difficult to...
Gwynzer,Jul 4 2006, 08:21 AM Wrote:I must say, I fine the instrctions unclear myself. 

You are working on the next one?  PLEASE add a "Create Account" feuture.

Or an option that clear's the account number so when you start, it generates a new number.
These would be nice, but probably difficult to...
[snapback]25553[/snapback]
Yea i can only seem to creat 1 account. and it dose not work? what do i do? how do i creat more that 1?
:rtfm:
I would like to add a create account button. But i cant do that from the program. Only a FL client can do that. If not, the create account button would be in the program since first beta.

Quote:In very easy terms cos thats all I understand....
Open control panel .. User accounts .. Create new account .. Open new account ..
Freelancer will already be on the desktop. Open Freelancer to create your new game
account .. Voila, 5 more characters.

Hoodlum blush.gif

The first past is good!

quote Monty Python = "And now for something completely different!"

Now, for the second part:
- Start FL, go to multiplayer and let it generate the new Account ID. (now you really have the 5 new chars)
- Start FL Account manager, it will ask to add the new account to database. Let id do so (click YES).Then it will ask you to give a name for it. Give it a name.
- Just to be safe, export the database (not to My Documents, I won't explain this further, no need) to (ex.) C:\ (or wherever you want, just make sure you know where it is, since you'll be needing these if you reformat/reinstall or rewhatever)
- Job done, Play FL

- when you want to switch the account you're playing on,
- go to FL main menu (or to select server menu)
- Alt+Tab to desktop
- Start FL Account Manager
- double-click the desired account
- go back to FL
- you know how to play multiplayer!

-- If it annoys you, you can delete the newly created WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT as you don't actualy need it anymore

The techie way doesn't need explaining (I think), the simple way is a problem to be made simple enough smile2.gif