Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sabre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Igiss approves, I will be making Discovery based mod called Sabre.

The Sabre mod is 100% player controlled. I'm just the waiter and your the millionaire customer that orders the 20 pounds of crab legs. So if I can get someone to sponsor the server, and a few people to play on it, It'll be on its way.

The idea is, players that spend enough time on the server are rewarded - Custom colored ships, light fighters with lvl 10 mounts, and just custom ANYTHING, so there will be a sense of individuality in game- you can also buy these certain rewards with credits. Playergroups will have a custom faction, a custom system, and can develop there own ships to put into circulation for there faction.

I decided to make this mod, because I logged onto Discover freelancer and saw everybody flying the same old ships, and I thought to myself, Realistically, people should be able to put in orders for custom ships.. Bingo, just hit gold.

The mod itself is comprised of a main mod, that updates every 60 days, say a storyline on server calls for a major shuffle with the houses and systems that kinda stuff updates every 60 days if needed. And then there are allll the fixes. They should all be a 5-10 minute download on dailup, and they just add minor features, say someone orders a ship or a Player group is formed and needs a system, or say one Player group takes a system form another and I need to switch the local faction.

It all doesn't have to be based on discovery, I could work it from the ground up, but I think having discovery in it would kinda be cool.

So, questions, comments, suggestions, I'm all ears.
Good idea, but it was explained to me so many times that it would require too much.
I'd like to have a Black Sabre and that to be the only one in Sirius and for every1 to see it :)
Nightfall,Jul 3 2006, 04:34 PM Wrote:Good idea, but it was explained to me so many times that it would require too much.
I'd like to have a Black Sabre and that to be the only one in Sirius and for every1 to see it :)
[snapback]25505[/snapback]

I have free time.... a lot of free time. I've already made a Total conversion mod, but I can't find someone to host a server for it. If I can create a TC, this is almost to easy, a lot of work, but easy, specially because it is all user controlled.

And thats the general Idea, instead of having 2 ships with 50 players flying it, you have 50 ships with one player flying each.
Well the problem Igiss had with it before was that he wanted to keep Discovery available for more than just the server. And because making 2 mods was too much work (which after creating systems I can completely agree..) But if Jets takes on the burden of fixing up all the ships and factions and all that stuff that is server only than it would be 1 mod being created and edits to it created by someone else. Plus since both me and Angel are system creators it won't take too much time to make new systems (granted probably not more than 3 new ones at most every update if you want them to look nice. Heck I've taken months and I'm still messing around with the ones almost done trying to see what I can make better about them.) for both the mod itself and the edited version.
Nice offer Dab, But I think after I talk to Igiss, I'll start another thread on the topic of my contribuations to discovery. I don't think Igiss would want hotfixes coming out every week on his server anyway.
Update:

I just added the first system, basicly, its a sleeper ship with 22 discoverable jumpholes, and 6 planets.
MAJOR UPDATE: I need your help... Since this will be a discovery based TC, I need sugestions, from you, the discovery players. It will help alot...
Well I would advise not having the huggy or the raven/talon (no flaming it is my opinion).

Kiggles :)
dont do it
itll split players between the servers, making less here, and also, itll get boring after about a week :/
Its not going to have anything but 5 initial systems 5 initial ships and 5 initial factions... It will be 3 fighters a light GB and a transport of some sort. But I need sugestions on ships to start out with...and comoditys, I'm going to have some trade routes, and random missions, that way people will have a way to make some money.

Quote:dont do it
itll split players between the servers, making less here, and also, itll get boring after about a week :/
Players can play on 2 servers at once... I play this and freeworlds...
Pages: 1 2