Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I literally never knew what I was missing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So hello all. I am in charge of a small on line gaming community & was introduced to Freelancer by my house mate whom is a member of the same community. I had never heard of this game before he had mentioned it to me saying that the Multi-player has some of the best role play around. I was asked to check it out mid November of last year (2014) so I played the game in single player for around a half an hour, sorta learned to fly, & then jumped right to Disco. I have been having so much fun in here with you all that Freelancer Disco is becoming a favorite of mine.

I am super new & still learning of Sirius Space. That said I welcome any feedback or advice & I truly hope to bring some good RP to the table.
Hey there! Welcome aboard to the land of Discovery. Interesting place, huh?
We love to give feedback, at least a good amount of us do. Granted some people are critics, generally you can get honest opinions on your work around here. It's a game to enjoy yourself in, if you're indeed having fun, both the community and Devs seem to have done a good job at keeping things running.

Any questions, comments, all that good stuff, just drop 'em down and someone will tackle onto it pretty quickly usually. That's.. just what we do.

Show your face more often. It's easy to know the community after you're around for a while.
Always glad to see new members. Learning all the roleplay rules, lore, and diplomacy between groups can be a bit daunting when you first start out but stick with it and things should start to fall into place. If you ever have a question or want to fly together you can always PM me or add me on skype. Good luck out there.

EDIT: Also joing official or unofficial factions are a good way to help get used to the RPing aspect so I always suggest to new players to look into those.
Thank you guy's. I do hope to be around a bit. I find better role players here than most MMORPG's. Kinda sad I think. I have been looking around at factions & what seem's kinda strange is when I have asked, in RP, who run's one faction or another it becomes a game of where's waldo... Not negative, just guarded. No worries.

BTW, How do you get the in game messages? I am working out a story for my character so I have been looking at others. some have in game conversations. How might I do that please?
(02-09-2015, 03:30 AM)Skipenstein Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you guy's. I do hope to be around a bit. I find better role players here than most MMORPG's. Kinda sad I think. I have been looking around at factions & what seem's kinda strange is when I have asked, in RP, who run's one faction or another it becomes a game of where's waldo... Not negative, just guarded. No worries.

BTW, How do you get the in game messages? I am working out a story for my character so I have been looking at others. some have in game conversations. How might I do that please?
While you are ingame and in space press enter and a little box will come up at the bottom, type /l before your message for local chat( ships within sight) type /s for stystem (All ships in the system).
I think he is talking about chat logs, if you go to you My Games folder in My Documents and open the Freelancer Folder there should be a document called DSace which saves all your chat logs.

EDIT: Also about leaders of factions, a lot of times people in factions only know their factions leader by their skype or forum names so if you are asking inRP they might just not remember the name of the faction leaders char.
Additionally, if you are looking for conversation logs, then search for DSAce. There should be a txt file or something like it that stores a log of all conversations. Pressing PrntScrn will make a BMP image screenshot of your game, but I recommend downloading the free version of Dxtory or something like it to take better quality screens.
Supper Cool! You are all so awesome.

EDIT: Also about leaders of factions, a lot of times people in factions only know their factions leader by their skype or forum names so if you are asking inRP they might just not remember the name of the faction leaders char.

I see. That makes so much more sense Loki. I thank you for the clarity here.
Generally, the official faction's page (or unofficial faction) will have their leader's character name on it.
So this community page runs on donations I see. It would stand to reason that is how we are able to have this conversation, so how we doing with that & can some one direct me to the correct place to make donations please?
Pages: 1 2