Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Image size limits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, random thought I had.
Am I the only one who thinks the image dimension limits and especially the size limits are a bit....outdated?
It's 2015. We all have broadband connections and for the most part, pretty high res screens.

1 mb is a pathetically low limit that mostly prevents the use of animated gifs.

Is this a necessity because of the server, or an outdated relic from like 2008 when tech was much worse?
I agree , the limit would be nice if increased & maybe remove those GIF images, because they lag 70% of user's browsers

regards,
Xenon
What are you going to upload here? It's no storage of large pics.
For such purposes you have imgur and another sites of that kind.
For the rest of things it's quite enough.
Realise how much this forum actually stores. And don't tend to make it overloaded with unneeded features (wait)
(02-10-2015, 01:12 AM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]What are you going to upload here? It's no storage of large pics.
For such purposes you have imgur and another sites of that kind.
For the rest of things it's quite enough.
Realise how much this forum actually stores. And don't tend to make it overloaded with unneeded features (wait)

Uh, what? It's not about storage, it's about being able to post images that are wider than 40% of a widescreen and larger than a three-second, low detail gif.
If this is an actual storage issue on the server that's one thing, but if it's just a courtesy to people with prehistoric hardware it should be changed in my opinion.
(02-10-2015, 01:05 AM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ] & maybe remove those GIF images, because they lag 70% of user's browsers

regards,
Xenon

i disagree

Edit: also ur sig might be to big
there's no mobile version of the forums and if I decide to use pay as you go on my phone, it'll eat the crap outta the credit. Too poor.
What I don't get is why people want to spend so much time on these forums that they'll use their phone with limited or small data plans.

The limit for image sizes are pretty pathetic for 2015 though.

If this was 8 years ago...
(02-10-2015, 03:22 AM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]there's no mobile version of the forums and if I decide to use pay as you go on my phone, it'll eat the crap outta the credit. Too poor.

Sounds like a personal problem to me, get a better phone plan or dont use your phone for the forums.
Old forum had a DISABLE AVATARS and DISABLE SIGNATURES as well as a DISABLE EMBEDDED IMAGES setting.
[16:20:58] Anti-Zoner Zoner Terrorist.: Old forum had a DISABLE AVATARS and DISABLE SIGNATURES as well as a DISABLE EMBEDDED IMAGES setting.
[16:21:00] Anti-Zoner Zoner Terrorist.: Still does

Well then.