Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Very laggy forum - What have you done to it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After having a break from Disco over christmas, and recently returning from a lovely long holiday,
i was disappointed to see that you seem to have broken the forum and the game.

What have you done to the forum?

It is very very laggy now, after changing whatever it was you have changed

Did it really need anything changed at all

Why did you try to fix something that was not broken, as far as i can see it's the same forum

Sad and Grumpy - Murphy
The old version of myBB which we were on, had quite a few security holes. In result, we've updated to the version which we're running now. Regretfully, that meant that our old Skin had to be changed, since it wasn't compatible with the new version.

What we have right now shouldn't be laggy. I'm loading each page in less than a second. The system only taking 70ms per generation. - Perhaps there's another problem at work here.
I'd test your connection and stuff man, the only time I have lag issues is when I end up with 10 other people on my network all doing things.
The forum seems ok with internet explorer, but laggy with firefox for some reason
I guess i'll just use explorer
Thank for the fast replys

Cheers - Murphy
Actually I've been getting 504 errors recently with the forums and I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end.
(02-12-2015, 08:48 PM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I've been getting 504 errors recently with the forums and I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end.

So was I a couple of hours ago. It seems to have cleared up since.
Yeah, I was getting the same. I wonder if one of the other Team members was doing maintenance. Looks alright now.
I also have the forum really laggy.

It is weird because sometimes when I type, the letters "lag" behind the key stroke. I have never seen this in any forum before.