Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Adnin, they won't run for the hills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That got your attention.......
When I discovered FL a couple of years ago it wasn't so intense with-in the community and of playing FL. I have enjoyed the game very much, and the Community Chat Board.
In this time of playing and reading the posts here, new developments and written opinions and communication between other players it was never ignorant or aggressive towards anyone. Just a reply and possibly a sly remark with a smile.
I have enjoyed reading many posts, helping and welcoming new players feel welcome knowing this is a fine and upstanding community of people getting together and enjoying some good old fashion RP. and Getting to Blow Sh*t up....Smile
There was and still is a open communication between each other here with-in the channels - disagreements -YES but civilized and respectful but relaxed but defined opinions.
When there was a change, and there was questions and a reply it was always a respectful answer from administration and inside the community. (They still do this ( Admins ) always - CHEERS!!! to Admin for keeping your cool at times)
Me I'd be tempted to screw with the ignorant ones - ie make their ship a Star Gazer when it's suppose to be a Cruiser or a Battleship, change the code so it only will fly left or right with a min of 50 KPH and backwards with basic particle beams and $1.00 credit in their account. Myself I do not tolerate ignorance or being disrespected especially to a group of dedicated people who is trying to enhance a little free time of my life and I get to blow things up and I get credits also make some friends across the world.
What I am saying is that the Admins have taken time to keep this alive and the many who are also behind the scene ( the donations, volunteers, and many who just want to make this a enjoyable community ). They have lives outside of this game as well but all who work on this adventure without obligation, they devote their free time to enhance the quality of the game play and the effort needed to make things happen in game.
It bothers me the disrespectful attitudes recently because of some changes and that it is thrown towards the Admin lately for making changes to enhance the game play and also define rules with-in the game.
Ok it's not all fine polished yet - but tell me what is with-out feed back from the community, but harsh attitudes and bickering don't work.
If your not happy leave the community and game. Go and find another RP flight Sim that is 100% free with this kind of dedication.
Remember with-out the Admins doing what they do FL wouldn't be here, there would be no FL RP
So initiate respect, and ask a question with-out being rude, ignorant or a complete idiot.
In reality they can shut this down with in a week if they wanted to. Then where will you be. Paying to play on a site that you don't enjoy.
So have the mature mentality and Ask with-out being a Idiot towards the Admins.
Question with-out the verbal gun or " Emphasis on words "
Thanks Admin for a bang up job. Keep up the great work and endless dedication. It seems now you have begun into Politics with-in the-game and there maybe some new opportunities for mediators between players and you. (I'll petition my application for a role in this department, if you go for it ) What do ya think? A whole new avenue. I'd be glad to assist if needed, a mediator of some kind.
REMEMBER....ALL GAMERS.
With out them the game would not exist anymore...
THEY CAN MAKE THE GAME OR BREAK THE GAME. You choose.... be nice, respectable and patient and think before you type a "Attitude reply" towards Admin.
Well that is what I have to say...
Like it or not this is my opinion and what I have to say about the community I enjoy.
What I have seen over the last 2 plus years, the game is drawing more attention and more idiots who play in the attitude world of WOW. Everyone for themselves attitude.
The senior players have not changed they have just become more protective of their community and by rights they have all reasons to defend. They helped define FL 24/7. They are senior players because of a strong community and working with Admin. I'm not a senior nor am I a beginner but I'm in the beginnings of the middle where I understand the dynamics on a basic to intermediate level, but I am still a voice in the back-ground.
This is my first post that has been directed to the whole community on the issues of attitude, maturity, defined personalities, with-out reading and understanding the history of that individual ( not a per-judgement from reading 2 or 3 replies, and I have them figured out.). I wouldn't post such a defined view if I was new to this with-in my first few weeks or months of playing. That is just me
Well that is it, I said my peace and my inner soul is quiet now.
Just enjoy the game if this is all you have for RP then enhance and help concepts and ideas not anger and attitude , don't trash and bash.
Cheers...
I guess this is a bad time to confess that yesterday I changed a player's name from I_love_Putin to I_love_Garrett_Jax.
This truly does mean a lot to us. Thank you very much. It's not often we get something other than requests or negativity.
You've managed to put me in a very good mood!
That's cool man, glad somebody decided to come forward with big hug towards [A]dmins.
Cheers.

But I still hate you Garrett, burn in hell.
Thanks for the positive feedback. Being an Admin is a thankless job and you sited things quite well. Cya in the server.
I smell the [A]dmin conspiracy Wink

(Tractorlord is the master of all admin, hail him!)
Thomas Andrews was a great ship designer too. Made one of the best ships of his time.