Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sig bad Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If quotes in a sig can take up the full width of the screen thingy...
then why are sigs limited to 700 whatever?

Also that rule was for the old days on forums. im pretty sure we can handle more pixels now

Also 250 maybe could be buffed higher since you know... stuff needs to be readable?
Do I really need to ctrl +++++++++++ ???

doesn't make sense atm to me.

Discuss.

PS: is that thingy where you hide a thing called a spoiler command able to work for a sig and bi-pass the size requirements?

edit: so why cant you have a max sig size plus some text under?
revived
Large sigs are also banned because annoying idiots decide to cram as much junk into their sigs which makes reading through threads super obnoxious. You end up scrolling past more sig than content. Also, it does slow down load times the more images, gifs, etc per page.
no, quotes will use the space given by the browser, huge annoying images won't.
250px is also just fine, I want to read posts, not look at obnoxious images.
(06-18-2015, 08:23 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]no, quotes will use the space given by the browser, huge annoying images won't.
250px is also just fine, I want to read posts, not look at obnoxious images.

oh yeah so really good signatures are also obnoxious even if they are 1-5 pixels bigger than normal they still must be taken down
And that writing underneath has to be smaller and less readable because of the bad size? why?

By really good sigs i mean actual good sigs. not what i have now.
What makes something good or not good is up to opinion. Opinions shouldn't be used to bend or break the rules.
Whilst I do make a lot of sigs/banners trans bars etc., I do agree that big ones can be annoying, that comes down to, each users viewable resolution, a 600 pixel wide banner/sig etc., might look good on a 1920x1080 wide screen monitor, but on another’s 1024x768 screen, it’ll be way to big.

I do get asked for “what’s the biggest I can make it”, it also depends on how well banners etc blend into the user’s forum background theme, but then again not everyone has the same theme

So what can be done about this, I don’t know
We could always reduce the stated maximum sig limit...say to 650x225 & then quietly grant leeway to sigs up to 700x250 & that way, people will have some wiggle room & won't feel so put out by getting nabbed for minor overages
fine by me
(06-18-2015, 08:38 PM)Marburg Wrote: [ -> ]We could always reduce the stated maximum sig limit...say to 650x225 & then quietly grant leeway to sigs up to 700x250 & that way, people will have some wiggle room & won't feel so put out by getting nabbed for minor overages

how would that fix the problem?
Sigs with that size will be even harder to read the text in it
Pages: 1 2