Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What does Admin do with Banned Players $$$ and Equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm currious about this...

I think this would be a interesting venture. Many have seen the TV Shows, like Auction Hunters, Storage Wars, Police Auctions basically people who bid on items that are abandoned or confiscated.

Not knowing all the contents but make a assumptipon,

Perminently banned players must have some equipment, $$$, ships, cargo and so on. Why not have a Bi-weekly or monthly Auction from the Admins....

Anyone interested signes-up and makes a bid on the selected bin items ( that will have a brief description of contents )
The interest is you could get a great bin or well not so great.
That is the risk

The illegal/ contraband is removed, players must re-name ships, it would be nice with a fresh start of reps, just so there is no excess baggage from before.

The Admin sets the starting bid and it goes from there, highest bid wins booty.

The reason....

It is simple we were tormentted buy these players and the best way to get back is to aborb their stuff and leave them broke.
Just a opinion possible venture. I'm currious who would go for it and who thinks this is a bad idea.
If we were to allow this, we would get vast amounts of players trying to report others in hopes of getting their stuff. The game assets of banned players get deleted in most cases.
This would be interesting for like Perma-banned players having there stuff auctioned off at a decent price and the profit going to the Angels
-Edit
The players that reported the offender would not be able to buy the offenders items that would solve that issue
(02-16-2015, 12:48 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]If we were to allow this, we would get vast amounts of players trying to report others in hopes of getting their stuff. The game assets of banned players get deleted in most cases.
You are correct, in many ways but there is some who are just non-compliant and get banned, there has to be set rule, and Admin judment. Only the ones with the power to ban for life have action to do so.

The better of this it will be a positive respected community.

Not Policed but because of all ages, and ethnicity. Things have to stay in perspective.

We are a welcome all community, " Be nice, we play nice. " There is much that would have to be worked out, and discrimination or the X-wife can't get ya banned. ( LOL )
It will take work. But I think a realistic idea- basically don't press and go over board with attitudes and aggression, teaming up on a single player, pressing them to dump everything they have.

I just want to see a balance with the game - ( yes itis there, but there is always illegals pushing the envelope to see what they can do

{ Yesterday, I was giving away credits to new players only. He had a Liberty Rouge in his hold) We were in N.York System - he is just learning
He was pressed to release the prisoner or be blown from the skyy . that is just wrong he was very new what type of game play is that cause they said they would get a million bounty for this pirate, now isn't that wrong

Tha is why I patroll for New Players and do what I can to help them out.

A broken opinion, but everyone getsthe point.

If your in a group - I already knoww you don't care cause there is back-up, one on one equal to a degree of fighting ships is the way it should be.

One on one ....not 3 to one, honestly that is a coward that can't fight their own battles....

The winner leaves with the bounty with-out retaliation. That is the Noble way ....but so lost.
(02-16-2015, 01:10 AM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]This would be interesting for like Perma-banned players having there stuff auctioned off at a decent price and the profit going to the Angels
-Edit
The players that reported the offender would not be able to buy the offenders items that would solve that issue
You have the right ideas, I'm game to help where ever I could. I'd like to do a poll on who accepts this or denies the thought.

It is a pondering question...

Honesty without attitude is accepted.
Thanks...
[Image: 9fpmeer9.jpg]

Normally they transfer all the stuff to my char .... really please admins stop that .... what am I supposed to do with all that money and ships? I really can not spend it all in girls and champagne ... everyone has his limits ....
The delete option takes far less time and effort. If new evidence pops up later on and appeal results in a reversal of the sanction then it's also much easier to restore the deleted stuff then it is to retrieve it from the successful bidders of an auction. Speaking from experience I'd wager that most admins want to get back to their primary job of keeping the server running stable and find it frustrating getting distracted with the need to punish poor behaviour and all the tedious steps already associated with each one. I'm not bashing the idea, actually you might possible be the first member I've seen present this idea, if so kudos for an original idea rather then something we can all find with a grave dig.
Deleting equipment and money due to sanctions is also a form of moneysink.
I am not opposed to this idea in such cases as like a ban for cheating or something along those lines and auctioning them off and giving all the money to the Angels would be a good idea.
(02-16-2015, 04:39 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting equipment and money due to sanctions is also a form of moneysink.

What he said.
Pages: 1 2