Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ID rewriting borked a few things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.
As you probably know that recently all IDs were reworked and re-written, removing a lot of the flavor and fluff text to become much more understandable for new players. However, some things did get left out.

First of all, almost all of the current unlawful IDs state the following:

[Image: 2pACwhN.png]

It used to read ''Destroy'' instead of ''Attack''. What this means is that, due to IDs overwriting server rules in case of a conflict, the following rule:

3.3 Aggressors are not allowed to issue further demands during the same encounter after the trade vessel has complied, or destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand, in system or local chat. "Halt" on its own is not a demand, however, a trade vessel can be destroyed if they refuse to stop after being asked to in the form of a proper demand.

Is now null and void. Now this might not seem like a big deal to players, who do not roleplay violet pirates, who keep their pray's shield down or keep attacking them while they are transferring credits, but it does bring back a huge loophole, which was present before this specific line was introduced:

Since there is no mention of how much time does a player need to deny a demand (Or to have silence imply a denying of a demand), they are partially immune to the pirate during this time. The rule about destroying a ship which doesn't stop is there for a relatively short time as well, so it is not that much about people running away. It is more about people, who will stay silent or try to buy time until backup arrives.

In other words, if I feel that something is wrong, I cannot ''encourage'' my target to transfer credits faster by removing their b/bs via a few snacks to the hull. Instead when the Navy arrives, I have a fully healthy transport to deal with along with whatever regens the person that arrives brings in.

EDIT:

What this means is that usually I am able to tell the person that if they are trying to buy time, I will instakill them the moment their backup jumps in. If I cannot damage them, they will get away not because of tactics or RP, but because they stayed silent or used stalling which I physically have no way to counter.

There is something else. I haven't checked the other IDs yet, but it seems that unlawfuls cannot ally with lawfuls in the case of another house attacking. This was particularly important for factions such as Xenos, who while they do hate the liberty lawfuls as they are right now, feel that the last thing they need is Rheinland or GRN getting through.

IDs were tweaked. This is nice. A few stuffs got borked though. Thoughts?
Quote:Since there is no mention of how much time does a player need to deny a demand (Or to have silence imply a denying of a demand), they are partially immune to the pirate during this time. The rule about destroying a ship which doesn't stop is there for a relatively short time as well, so it is not that much about people running away. It is more about people, who will stay silent or try to buy time until backup arrives.

A very good point made. The ID line in question should be changed to destroy.
(02-16-2015, 10:48 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't checked the other IDs yet, but it seems that unlawfuls cannot ally with lawfuls in the case of another house attacking. This was particularly important for factions such as Xenos, who while they do hate the liberty lawfuls as they are right now, feel that the last thing they need is Rheinland or GRN getting through.

This has always been a problem for unlawful IDs, but is now creeping into lawful ones as well. In particular, the GRN| official ID has an extra line over its indie counterpart that makes it worse:

Code:
-Cannot ally with any unlawfuls.

Considering that there are any number of unlawfuls in and around Bretonia whom GRN would happily ally (opportunistically) with, this new line is very irritating. Gone are the fays of coordinating with Mollys, Gaians, or Corsairs against the Bretonians, it seems.

Same goes for stuff like Hessians allying RM, Xenos allying Liberty Navy, and Farmers Alliance allying KNF. The few exceptions built into the IDs are, frankly, rather pathetic. I can't even think of any off the top of my head, but I know some pirate faction IDs make tiny allowances for very specific circumstances (i.e. a line like "cannot ally with any lawfuls except with Bretonian lawfuls against Corsairs only). Far too specific to the point of absurdity, IMO.
(02-16-2015, 10:56 AM)Gondoros Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Since there is no mention of how much time does a player need to deny a demand (Or to have silence imply a denying of a demand), they are partially immune to the pirate during this time. The rule about destroying a ship which doesn't stop is there for a relatively short time as well, so it is not that much about people running away. It is more about people, who will stay silent or try to buy time until backup arrives.

A very good point made. The ID line in question should be changed to destroy.

Agreed on that.

In fact, current BAF ID doesn't really read "can't ally with unlawfuls", same with Exile ID...
...so can I ally with unlawfuls on both Exile and BAF ID?
Um, devmin guys?
Any comment on this? Intentional or not?
Oversight, will be fixed when I finally get to do these things, blame Blodo (sun)