Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OOC Dump Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, as I've read through various RP threads / message dumps etc. I've noticed people have a tendency to start talking OOC and sometimes arguing etc etc.

My idea is to make a place (maybe a subforum or something) where people can move their OOC chat too. If say... people start arguing (or just plain talking OOC) in any message dump, or any roleplay forum, they can be told to continue the discussion in the OOC dump.

This could eliminate lots of OOC in RP forums, but could also cause confusion...

((If this has already been done, I'm sorry, I haven't seen a dump of this sort)

Ideas?
My idea is to sanction people that deliberately post where they shouldn't. That will keep them from doing it. We don't need a new section, we got enough flaming going around.
While the idea is very magnanimous of you Ximen, I just read a post by a certain troublemaker in the LN/LNS thread that makes me want to smack someone.

I don't think a whole sub-forum is needed. make a seperate thread in General Discussions or the like and be done with it. The forums are getting a little too congested because of the large amount of sub-forums anyway.

If you're too dumb to keep it in character where in-character belongs, then stay the hell out of the dumps in the first place or shut up.

/soapbox
In my opinion, people should not post any OOC in roleplay posts at all. If a little OOC note is needed, then they should weave it into the post. Ie, a week of absence could be the sudden onset of illness for a character.

Or, the note could be PM'd around to the involved parties, instead of -spoiling- the post.
Making a dump for it has the chance of increasing the overall OOC.
There is no need for all the OOC in the RP Dumps, if people want to flame and argue either do it in character or somewhere else, or preferably not at all.
Yeah, you guys are right.

Also, can somebody tell me why there are two topics by me with the same title? I only clicked submit once... that is very strange and I apologize.
' Wrote:So, as I've read through various RP threads / message dumps etc. I've noticed people have a tendency to start talking OOC and sometimes arguing etc etc.

My idea is to make a place (maybe a subforum or something) where people can move their OOC chat too. If say... people start arguing (or just plain talking OOC) in any message dump, or any roleplay forum, they can be told to continue the discussion in the OOC dump.

This could eliminate lots of OOC in RP forums, but could also cause confusion...

((If this has already been done, I'm sorry, I haven't seen a dump of this sort)

Ideas?
Its called flood.
I personally think its a good idea even if it doesn't stop people posting OOC in the RP forums it would still be used and liked.
' Wrote:Its called flood.

That's true, but unless a lot of people post in it, threads in the Flood are pretty short-lived. I just think that it might be a good idea to make a subforum for OOC related to OOC, coupled with a feedback forum for RP stories, as it would be a lot easier to look through these subforums if you want to find something than to have to look through pages of spam (which, essentially, is the main content of the flood) first.

Think of it. Instead of posting a OOC post in a RP thread, you could just open up a topic "RE: $title" in the OOC subforum.
Pages: 1 2