Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Model Changes..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, so I'm assuming most of these changes took place awhile ago, so this may not be the most relevant discussion/thread. But I'd love to know why some ship models were completely redone.

Some were definitely in dire need of remodeling (civvie shuttle, mafic or whatever, etc.)

However, there were several ships that, I at leat thought were well poished, but got redone. And In my opinion they weren't quite for he better. The spatial, which was extremly unique and charming, looks like a front heavy roc now. The firefly, is just as polished at least, but I saw no reason for redo.

I'm sure there are loads of other examples, these just bothered me, I was wondering if there were any specific reasons behind these changes, again I apologize if this is an out of date discussion. I'm just sad to see a bunch of ships change.
because imports. firefly was an import too. so stuff like the crow (which is now jackdaw) had to be replaced because they were all imports.
(02-22-2015, 07:40 PM)Nyx Wrote: [ -> ]because imports. firefly was an import too. so stuff like the crow (which is now jackdaw) had to be replaced because they were all imports.

Imports from what?
Like other mods or just intellectually?
youve not seen firefly?
The fact I didn't see Firefly either aside, I would like to know what exactly was Spatial from, it looked awesome.
Same goes for the moldy crow.
(02-22-2015, 08:31 PM)Nocturnia Wrote: [ -> ]The fact I didn't see Firefly either aside, I would like to know what exactly was Spatial from, it looked awesome.

Yeah, I knew most of them came from something. Raven's Talon, Viper Mk III, Firefly. Etc.

But the spatial, and moldy crow were two of my favorite ships because of how unique they were., and I don't know what they were imported from.
(02-22-2015, 08:35 PM)MetalPheonix Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2015, 08:31 PM)Nocturnia Wrote: [ -> ]The fact I didn't see Firefly either aside, I would like to know what exactly was Spatial from, it looked awesome.

Yeah, I knew most of them came from something. Raven's Talon, Viper Mk III, Firefly. Etc.

But the spatial, and moldy crow were two of my favorite ships because of how unique they were., and I don't know what they were imported from.
Wow, using the deeper star wars lore. *sigh* guess I won't get to fly a "Nebulon Ranger" anymore.

Thanks for linking.
Not so much that Disco doesn't like imports as that Disco doesn't like Intellectual Property conflicts.
Plus the old firefly was horrible looking
Pages: 1 2