Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battleship Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to outfit my battleship, but am i bit confused on what i can/cannot use.

All i could find was that Tizona turrets(i think) and Gunboat turrets arent allowed. Is there anything else i should shy away from?

Another thing is, im a bit confused about what the problem is with cruisers being able to take on battleships, i could have sworn cruiser intended to be a cheaper/faster way to get the same amount of firepower into naval fleets.

P.S. if there is a thread somewhere that i missed, plese post a link to it.
Colm Cillian,Jul 6 2006, 01:25 PM Wrote:I'm trying to outfit my battleship, but am i bit confused on what i can/cannot use.

All i could find was that Tizona turrets(i think) and Gunboat turrets arent allowed.  Is there anything else i should shy away from?

Another thing is, im a bit confused about what the problem is with cruisers being able to take on battleships, i could have sworn cruiser intended to be a cheaper/faster way to get the same amount of firepower into naval fleets.

P.S. if there is a thread somewhere that i missed, plese post a link to it.
[snapback]25922[/snapback]

Whoever told you that tizona turrets were not allowed on battleships is being arrogant. There's nothing in the server rules against this.

however, you should not mount Cruiser Forward Gun, Gunboat Forward Gun on a battleship. Those weapons were SPECIFICALLY designed for their classes, and should not be used on a battleship.

All other turret-style weapons are okay until Igiss changes the rules.

Guys, come on. We agreed on the SHIELDS thing, not weapons, as that's grey matter.
Wolfpack98,Jul 6 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:Whoever told you that tizona turrets were not allowed on battleships is being arrogant.  There's nothing in the server rules against this.

however, you should not mount Cruiser Forward Gun, Gunboat Forward Gun on a battleship.  Those weapons were SPECIFICALLY designed for their classes, and should not be used on a battleship.

All other turret-style weapons are okay until Igiss changes the rules.

Guys, come on.  We agreed on the SHIELDS thing, not weapons, as that's grey matter.
[snapback]25928[/snapback]

hop he wasnt talking to aw. they have their own rules about guns an stuff
Hmm... gunboat guns on BS....
Didnt know that it was possible to mount those "Guns" on "Turret" slots...

As BS weps are too underpowered (or use too much energy), myabe those should be allowed on BS so we can get the best bang for the buck with our battleships.. at least until next version brings the much needed BS weps upgrade...
wedge antilles,Jul 6 2006, 03:20 PM Wrote:hop he wasnt talking to aw.  they have their own rules about  guns  an stuff
[snapback]25935[/snapback]

I have no clue what he meant by that. The only thing I prohibit is server prohibited weapons.
Dab,Jul 6 2006, 01:52 PM Wrote:I have no clue what he meant by that. The only thing I prohibit is server prohibited weapons.
[snapback]25940[/snapback]

Dab
You know what am talking about.
Wedge, STOP THIS NOW!

I don't give a damn about your grudge with AW, or Dab himself. I got my problems with Dab, but I don't hijack a thread just over this.

AW doesn't prohibit any weapons, except those stated by server rules (Sorry gents, server rules trump most any clams, but as long as clans comform to the server rules, I don't see an issue).

The only thing we've EVER told people not to do is with shields. Guns are an iffy (grey matter thing) but that may be resolved some other time.
You people are assuming that Igiss has taken our suggestions (Although some of them are starting to sound more like demands... Might want to fix that). For all we know, he could not have, and intends to leave them as-is.

We have to keep in mind, Igiss isn't at all bound to this mod and us. If he wanted to, he could just stop working on it. He's doing this basicly as a favor to the world at large. Mod makers in general make their mods, not because people ask them to (Although some do for money, or if your a close friend), but because they feel like it.

Although a little post from The Allmighty to keep us informed of how things are going (Or not going) would be nice. Please?
Quote:Hmm... gunboat guns on BS....
Didnt know that it was possible to mount those "Guns" on "Turret" slots...

As BS weps are too underpowered (or use too much energy), myabe those should be allowed on BS so we can get the best bang for the buck with our battleships.. at least until next version brings the much needed BS weps upgrade...

I have now tried several battleships. At one point I was outfitting them with nothing but cruiser turrets. I got about 80% of the firepower of BS turrets with 50% of the power expendature of BS turrets.

As it stands now, outfitting a BS with BattleRazors, Inferno Cannons, and Nomad turrets (I tried this on 2 of my BSs) gives you about 3-6 shots before consuming all of your power, and that is without Mortars! In PvP, you don't stand a chance without those weapons as someone else does and eats your shields in a few shots but, I like to play mostly against NPC ships and turrets (and/or missles) are the only way to go there. To have sustained firepower, use cruiser turrets until Igiss gets the BS power/weapon effectiveness fixed unless you are PvP.

As a side note: My souped-up Bretonia BS with lvl VI armor, 2 Battlerazors, 2 Inferno Cannons, 4 Nomad turrets and 4 Corsair BS turrets was unable to dent the shields of a Huegenot cruiser even though we where side-by-side broad-siding each other. His Tizona turrets ate my shields in less than 20 seconds and I was dead in about 90 seconds and I bet less than 5% of my shots hit his ship. Yes he had 6 Tizonas and yes he had a BS shield but, I never dropped his shields by more than 10%. Explain that!
BabyDoc
Colm: If you're asking what the "Gentlemen's" rules of Discovery are on ship setups then I would suggest sticking to only capship specific weapons with the exceptions of those class specific weapons Wolfpack mentioned earlier. Overloading a capship with tizona turrets is frowned upon by many players as it is a cheap way to eat shields in seconds, made infamous by a certain clan's whole fleet comprised of nothing but exploited Huegenots.

As Wolfpack says, it's all a grey area but for the sake of being sporting I tend to avoid grey areas and stick to the guns originally meant for the class of ship I'm using.
Pages: 1 2