Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Every time I try to install this it gets hung on a copy failed screen and after about 10 min. I had to forcefully close the installer I have Freelancer installed and no other freelancer mods/versions.
Just got the update/patch for whatever it is....
Now lose connection as soon as I join ANY server...???
What's gone wrong...????

((Can we get rid of the Weapon Platforms of Adirondack...?
They're right on the Trade Lane entrance near the base, and there's one in the middle of the Fort Bush area, just perfect to shoot you dead if a stray bullet hits it...
Weapon Platforms are already OP now...why do we need them blocking Trade Lanes...?))
Ullo !

Did do my reading but can't find why I have the following problem:

I deleted all old versions
Downloaded and Installed 88.1 from the recommended torrent, set up my usual owned copy of the original freelancer folder.
Launcher works, I arrive all the way to the server list, but software version is showing 88.0 on the bottom right and all I can see are 88.0 servers:

Disco RP 24/7 : 51.254.85.204 (Password protected)
Disco War Zone RP reloaded
ect...

The readme file is showing "Discovery Freelancer 4.88: Episode 15 - Conquest"
Am I on the right stuff ?

I've done it all twice already, did I missed something ?

Thanks for your help
It think everything will be back to normal when the server will be back online. Just wait for tonight or tomorrow at worst scenario
(11-13-2015, 02:18 PM)Benoit Wrote: [ -> ]It think everything will be back to normal when the server will be back online. Just wait for tonight or tomorrow at worst scenario

Damned, server is offline !
All good then, just the wrong timing. It was late night yesterday....

Thanks a lot for getting me out of my misery, will wait until server is back online.
hey hers question is did the 88.1 downloaded, everything ok.
so speil starts, network, i-net Klarr etc..ist looking at the bottom right version 88.0, this is ok? or I've done something wrong, uninstalled and installed habs, still shows me at 88.0 ..
????
I wouldn't worry. It's better to wait for the server to be back online. Only then you'll be able to tell if there is a problem or not.
Ok thanks
The ingame version is 88.0 by accident due to how FL interpret the exe version string. If you right click > properties > version on freelancer.exe you will see it's something like 88.0.1.18.
Hullo
I almost got stuck on this while installing my game, perhaps this could be checked before uploading? It also foolproofs it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32