Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I remember having a similar issue back when I actually still installed the game from my physical, localised copy. To solve that you had to replace some localised file with its English counterpart. But seeing as you're using the download provided I would expect it to be the compatible version already. Weird...
(05-11-2017, 04:50 AM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm trying to install the vanilla FL file linked on the first post, however, I am having this problem with it. I was wondering how I could fix it? Yes, I have tried running it as an administrator but that has not solved the problem.

Did you follow this tutorial? http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=149421
(05-11-2017, 05:01 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2017, 04:50 AM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I'm trying to install the vanilla FL file linked on the first post, however, I am having this problem with it. I was wondering how I could fix it? Yes, I have tried running it as an administrator but that has not solved the problem.

Did you follow this tutorial? http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=149421

Yes I have, both the 3.5 NET components and the Legacy Components have been checkmarked as instructed in the video. Problem still not solved Sad
It seems as though there is something wrong with your installation process then.

You must install the game under its default directory first, after that, you must launch the mod and point it at said original folder first, after that, point it where you want to install the game in. You seem to be trying to install them in the same folder.

EDIT: Wait, did you unpack your ISO?
No, you must maunt it on an ISO reader and then autorun it.
Mount the standard freelancer ISO that you downloaded from the download site that we use on this forum.

Install Freelancer, in the standard path.
Install discovery, first the game will ask you for the Standard freelancer path, after that it asks you where you want to install it, don't use the freelancer folder and install it where you want.

If that doesn't work, post here again.

Ps. Win 10 can mount ISO's without any problems, it's a windows feature so you don't need any other tools.
(05-11-2017, 05:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]It seems as though there is something wrong with your installation process then.

You must install the game under its default directory first, after that, you must launch the mod and point it at said original folder first, after that, point it where you want to install the game in. You seem to be trying to install them in the same folder.

EDIT: Wait, did you unpack your ISO?
No, you must maunt it on an ISO reader and then autorun it.

Unfortunately mounting the ISO image isn't helping either, because this happens.

Running as administrator is not an option for mounted images either.

This problem is occurring before I am able to install vanilla freelancer, so it's not letting me install vanilla at all.
Hi guys! I managed to solve the problem. Basically Win10 and PowerISO weren't mounting the image properly so I got Daemon Tools Lite. Mounted the image, auto-ran it and then closed the install window. Then I opened up the image, went to the setup.exe file and Ran as Administrator which solved the problem and installed vanilla FL.

Shoutout to Kaze for the help!
As I said in my post, there is no need to use a tool, since the Windows 10 Iso mounter works really good.

But glad to see that you can play again, enjoy your time.
Is the Taureau Armored Transport supposed to be able to mount one heavy transport turret?
(05-13-2017, 11:10 PM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Taureau Armored Transport supposed to be able to mount one heavy transport turret?

All battletransports get to mount at least 1 heavy turret.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33