Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
First , try simple to reboot PC .
Second , never launch game by freelancer exe , only by discovery launcher cause freelancer exe can cause bugs ( best to delete freelancer exe shortcut to not cause you trouble) . It is possible it caused bug that prevent you to play normally . In such cases where install is corrupted , it is best to re-install game .
Third , during game install , it is best to close all programs running ( like skype , movies watching , torenting , programs extracting , files downloading , games playing etc)) to prevent possible corrupted installs .
Fourth , updater can sometimes take a long time to get all updates , did you wait long enough ?
The biggest thing to check for is that the launcher isn't already running in the background. The DSUpdater has a nasty habit of running and waiting for someone to click continue without actually popping up.
No, i've tried all of the above-mentioned, but it still gives me the same error. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. Any other ideas ?
Bro try go in start and type run then type %appdata% and then go local and delete discovery freelancer in there and try to start it.
You may also try to reinstall discovery in somewhat simplified directory, like D:\Disco\ or like this. Some games have problems with too complicated folder locations. It might not be the case, but it might not get things turned worse either.

Oh also, do you have .Net Framework 4 or higher installed?

Aaaalso make sure that disco's folder is in antivirus' exceptions list. AV might have 1234ed something during the installation process.
Yes, it's currently installed in C:\Discovery Freelancer directory, so that's not the problem. In AppData i don't have anything at this time, since i didn't install it in default directory. But last time i did install it there and the problem was still there.

I do have the .net framework. I also tried updating DirectX, but it didn't help.

Edit : I found the patch directory on Discovery website and there i found the following info :

Quote:You should always consider using the launcher, but in the event you're in a complicated situation requiring the use of a download manager, you can find download links here. The patches must be installed in the order displayed here. Please do not install them yourself. Merely leave them in your launcher directory, and they will be autoinstalled.

Perhaps i could do the installation manually, but i don't seem to get how. Do i extract the patches one by one ? Have anyone done it ?
Yes ! It worked. I used the DSSelfPatch program putting all the zip files in the Launcher's directory and the update was completed without the use of internet. Thank you all for answering anyway. Hope this helps future players.
First post updated.
There is a typo in guide under 1.11, it says BLOOD EFFECT instead BLOOM EFFECT!
Also, it may be added under 1.17: dont forget to re-enable your antivirus (since some people literally follow guides without switching on-brain and later blaim guide for not telling them all wisdom in universe) .
1.7 Everything must be in understandable English ~ Skorak
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33