Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Freelancer Mod Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Hey I'm pretty new to the community, I was wondering if the game could still be launched from the Freelancer.exe of Discovery, and still manage to get into the servers. May be a stupid question, but I was curious since me and my brother have long played disco for a long time, but way back and only between ourselves, but now I try to get into a LAN server with him and it just doesn't show up. If it helps, he emulates Disco and freelancer on a macbook, and yes it does work cause we have played like that before, but you know, wine is and will not cooperate well with the launcher. Tested already.

By the way I can't try to check if the serverlist shows up, we have no net as of yet and we are using mobile data.

Edit: Sorry maybe I read too fast, and did explain myself not well enough. YES I read where it says I can be banned if I use the freelancer.exe. And I did ask a stupid question like that, now to make myself more clear.

Can I still play LAN using the Freelancer.exe? or does even LAN servers do not appear anymore when using the exe? thank you.
I've dl-ed the game from the link in this thread and i can't see any servers. In game it shows me 88.0 shouldn't i t be 88.1?
It did updated something when i've entered dslauncher.exe

Nevermind it. I got it worked, i've deleted some forwarded ports from router.
Any problem with ports from 2300 to 2400 or 47624 ? Those are for age of empires 2
Don't care about 88.0 number. It hasn't changed (yet).
Brand new install, no issues no virus false positives, but I cant find the replacement EXE file to load Discovery. The original freelancer works like a charm though.
(07-09-2015, 02:50 AM)Adam_Spire Wrote: [ -> ]Brand new install, no issues no virus false positives, but I cant find the replacement EXE file to load Discovery. The original freelancer works like a charm though.

You will have to use the - DSLauncher- in order to start the game ( Discovery ).

[Image: zB5xADI.jpg]
A thousand thanks.

--edit--

actually

[Image: flload.jpg]

Didn't quite work. I click on it, and in a brief second get this loading screen then nothing. I will research.

Yep Im dumb, the update window was behind all my other windows. Im in!
for some reason 1337upload.net/ is blocked by my ISP, can anyone please send me the torrent file? it is possible to put it on media-fire for example and share the link, thanks.
(07-11-2015, 10:51 PM)Bassome3000 Wrote: [ -> ]for some reason 1337upload.net/ is blocked by my ISP, can anyone please send me the torrent file? it is possible to put it on media-fire for example and share the link, thanks.

http://www.fileshare.ro/e31750563
(03-19-2015, 11:57 PM)Spoon.Train Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to install and play okay last night, but all of a sudden I'm mostly not able to connect to the server and if I do somehow connect, then as soon as I try to load my character the whole game crashes to the desktop....any ideas, thanks Smile

I am facing the same problem. Any solutions anyone???? [size=16][/size]
(07-13-2015, 11:49 AM)hasib_reza Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2015, 11:57 PM)Spoon.Train Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to install and play okay last night, but all of a sudden I'm mostly not able to connect to the server and if I do somehow connect, then as soon as I try to load my character the whole game crashes to the desktop....any ideas, thanks Smile

I am facing the same problem. Any solutions anyone???? [size=16][/size]

I suspect you're using F-Prot or Cyren, which are the two antiviruses that still consider DSAce.dll a threat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33