Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Security Warning: uTorrent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Using a portable uTorrent on a SD card, glad I haven't updated it since 5 years either.

Never touch a running system, eh?

#skype
I have a utorrent from about 5 years ago I've yet to update either, kek

Good to know I still shouldnt
Thanks a lot, Alley. Also, the suggested program is really great.
Hmm. I have latest uTorrent and it only uses 6mb of RAM and ~1-2% CPU now.
Anyway, qBittorrent is distributed under GPL license, it is opensource and it contains no ads. It has nice interface and even more features than uTorrent (torrent autoload, email notification). Thanks for info and recommendation.
Nice call Ally
Now.... THAT... is interesting. :/ I've been using uTorrent over years now and when I perfectly was able to record FL in Fraps, without any problem. But now I even have problem with the cheapest program to record in very VERY low quality. Not to mention my PC is very slow lately and when it handled many things quite fast, now it's like it's about to die lol. Dunno if uTorrent is the reason though... Help?
actually not using the latest version of utorrent is the best, try to get/use version 2.2.1 its the most stable and best one before it all went pants, nothing extra added to that version

make sure you turn update off

http://www.oldapps.com/utorrent.php?old_...8?download
Good to know. Thank you! Anyway, I stopped using it some years ago. I've been using BitComet for some time now. Do you have by any chance any info about this one as well?
Transmission-Qt for Windows ftw!
what about bittorrent ? arnt they basically the same ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4