Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys.
Started playing on your server a while ago and Im impressed by what you got there. Convinced me to stick around.
My Chracter McMillan has just recently got himself in with the Junkers and is scraping out a meager existance in the Debris Fields of Liberty space and the Silverton Field (Going the whole hog with a CSV, Barrager Guns and everthing). I realy love the Junkers Faction and thier semi-illigal activitys. I always imagine thier guys in thier beat up, cramped cockpit CSV's wearing dirty overalls and knee-deep in old ship parts. Secretly hoping that a Police patrol doesent scan thier ship and find the light arms thier shipping to Buffalo Base.

Its seems that the most popular factions are Liberty police/Navy and Bounty Hunters, followed by the the big pirate factions (Outcasts, Corsairs etc)
I was wondering if I have any Junker freinds or are people more interested in the get rich quick - get a gunboat factions.

And while Im here, what sort of reception will I recive from people as a Junker? Will I be treated as any other pirate by the Liberty Police, and conversly will I be treated fairly by the Pirate factions?
dont know about getting rich quick, but generally when I play a Junker I dont get harassed too badly, but then agan I avoid the police. If you hang around the cops expect to get scanned alot, maybe hassled a little depending on what you are carrying.
There are TONS of junkers here, friend. Find the .:j:. Junker Congress here on the forums, they're the official junker faction, and can help you figure out how things work, where to make money, and the basics of RP'ing a junker.

You can also play on your own outside of a faction if you want - you dont have to join the congress or anyone else. My character - Tenacity - is an independent junker. The Congress wont let you smuggle, which is one of the things I find more exciting about our group =P

EDIT:

As for what sort of behavior people show towards you... it all depends. Most people view junkers as nuetral still, though a lot of lawful factions dont really like us all that much because we've got a bad habit of moving things they consider illegal. A few of the pirate factions are starting to get annoyed with us lately as well, since there's a great deal of players who are using a Junker ID for the 'protection' but arent really roleplaying as junkers.

For the most part, your rep is what you make it. If you smuggle a lot and get caught, the lawfuls will start to keep an eye on you. If you do legal trade or standard salvaging, the pirates might look to make an easy buck off of you. Best bet is to work a little for both sides and be careful enough that nobody is the wiser.
"they're an official junker faction"
They arent THE official Junker faction.

Darkard:
Some pirates have recently taken an interest in pirating Junkers so be aware of that.
Otherwise if you choose to be a Junker, welcome to the "family."

Your junker reception will usually be based on what you do in game and how you RP on the forums.
If you do shady things (and get caught) you'll possibly be branded hostile to whoever catches you.
And word spreads to, so be either "sneaky" or just stay legit until you figure out what you want to do.

Tenacity has written some interesting Junker manuals and what not. Check those out.
Tinkerbell is the one to contact about Junker Congress, otherwise keep your eyes open. You'll see many of us around.

Harvesters use the Junker tags but are not Junkers. Look them up for more info.

"Independant" Junker Hyung Soong out.
Quote:"they're an official junker faction"
They arent THE official Junker faction.

Until another official junker faction is approved, they ARE 'the' official junker faction.
Welcome fellow Junker. Contact Tinkerbell via PM ... he's leader of the .:j:. Junker Congress. Note my characters in my signature ... I've got 3 Junkers ... 2 are in the .:j:.
We DO allow smuggling--we just do NOT allow getting caught.

Caveat emptor.
' Wrote:Until another official junker faction is approved, they ARE 'the' official junker faction.

Ahh it is soo sad. No one remembers The JUNKERS Guild {JC} {JM} Hell we even purchased ,and designed Peurto Rico in 4.83, but sadly our leader left, and we fell apart in 4.84. Well i degress.

The answer to your question mate, is there are alot of Junker's around. My oldest Char is RYOKEN a junker guard who has had many ship's. the Ryoken,{C}-Ryoken,{JC}-Ryoken,{JM}-Ryoken, and now RYOKEN.
We are everywhere.
The junker's are probly the most diverse faction around, and can do just about anything they want(if you RP them right). Have fun and enjoy Disco as a Junker mate.
If you want hints or tips of being a junker, keep your eyes out for me. I'm on regularly and I have seen you about. I can give you a tour of all junker bases and go over with you all junker activities in Sirius.
' Wrote:If you want hints or tips of being a junker, keep your eyes out for me. I'm on regularly and I have seen you about. I can give you a tour of all junker bases and go over with you all junker activities in Sirius.

Quick, name all the junker bases in sirius!
Pages: 1 2