Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To Golden Chrysanthemums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Vladimir.Scorpius.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: vJ2rNNa.png][Image: ut5m3M3.png]

Our dearest allies,

We would like to congratulate you on your continuous dedication and defiance toward the long rooted patriarchy in Kusari. While we cannot fully understand your struggle, we admire your strength and and are in awe of your solidarity against the powers in Kusari. You have proven everyone that you are a force to be reckoned with and you inspire young females to strive to improve themselves beyond the boundaries that society puts on females. You empower the image of Women and we hope that you succeed as soon as possible.

We wish you the very best, especially on the day such as this - Intergalactic Women's Day. May the fiery dedication in your hearts ignite the hope in every Women and such passion be a positive example for a better future. May your will never break and may your struggle be fruitful!

Yours, Vladimir Scorpius

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
...Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 2RueBG5.png][Image: GrsS6Am.png]

Konnichiwa Hatsuyume Munen Musou.

How are you my dear? I am sure you remember our encounter in Hokkaido while you were bringing supplies to Ainu. Considering that the Sisterhood has an active smuggling ring I believe it would be a good opportunity to strengthen our bonds. As I had mentioned, Leiden Base is always in need of cardamine and H-fuel. I understand that the local quartermaster is not offering a lot so we are adding a bonus of 2,000 and 1,500 credits respectively for each unit of cardamine and fuel brought to Leiden's storages.

Of course in Leiden you can find all the basic supplies that Ainu requires on a regular basis. So let me know if you are interested in this excellent business opportunity. As always, your Sisters should expect to receive proper accomodation and protection during their stay here.

Moving on, there is another matter that I'd like to speak to you about. A friend of mine, a former member of the Reapers is looking for a new home, somewhere she can start again. She is intelligent and capable so I believe it would be an asset for the Sisterhood. Much like the Lane Hackers, the Sisterhood is a closed organization shrouded with secrecy so I am certain her persuers won't find her within your ranks including the bonus of enjoying easy access to cardamine. She is an idealist, so it should come as no surprise that she has no qualms to join your cause and fight for a better Kusari.

[Image: 0_2cf34_b12679db_L.gif]
[Image: FJ9srRj.png]

Taget ID: To whom it may concern.
Target Location: Liberty border worlds, Galileo.
Encryption: Encrypted.
Sender Contact : Masayume Minori Rei.
Subject: Zones of Control.

"Greetings Mr Yoshida; your face carries a familiar air, but I’m quite certain we’ve never met each other. Curious - but yet again, Curiosity is your business. It’s what keeps you alive.

As you may have already ascertained, I am not Munen Musou. Munen was until recently Missing In Action - which in our line of work usually translates as “Dead, because her ship never returned from patrol, but we’re not sure what killed her because the neuralnet went dark and we don’t have any of her flight data recorder samples.” This puts me in the particularly uncomfortable position of being acting Hatsyume until the empress can elect a substitute consistent with the will of the Goddess. So, I’m not your ‘dear’, Mr Yoshida - but, goddess willing, I aspire to be. You’ll have to put up with the intern for a little while yet.

Musou was, maybe still is, an honourable woman. Her administration brought our two organisations to a level of understanding more at ease with that of our foremothers - It would only be defamatory for that relationship to break, especially one founded on reciprocal service, as ours is.

We are fond of you, Lane Hackers. You fight for civil liberty and show discernment in those you hunt. You are intimately tactful. There remain members of the old guard who will go to their graves declaring that you’re far, far too sneaky for your own good - luckily for you, I am not one of those guards. However, part of the job description is that I do occasionally have to check the teeth of gift horses, no matter how fondly they first appear.

The Golden Chrysanthemums have always welcomed outsiders - provided that they follow our tenants and submit to our way of life. This alone is frequently sufficient to stop provocateurs from filing into the ranks - but not always. Near exclusively isn’t exclusive enough. We’ll need some background data on the identity of this woman before her candidacy can be submitted to the Imperatrix’s chamber, along with a personal interview - nothing major, nothing even vaguely threatening, just the odd opportunity to ask a few none-invasive queries at a neutral location. Ames Research Station is the first locality that springs to mind, but we’ll work around you.

As to the Guns, Software and Food - well; they’re the primary resource caps on our manpower at the present time. Our fighters use mostly high-end off-the-shelf Libertonian software packages which is partly why they can dance merry rings around any and all KNF equivalents. The trade-off is obvious; we can build blossoms faster than we can provide them with brains, which makes us somewhat dependent on a consistent flow of illegalities into Kusari - any reciprocal trade we can provide we are more than grateful to attempt.

Our beloved Kitahara has been exceptionally productive, Hacker - clearly, Amaterasu’s light doesn’t look too shabby on you, either. We’ll be using this channel to submit evidence of our hauls.

Stay alive."

Yours; Minori Rei, Dainiyume of the Golden Chrysanthemum in Bloom.

[Image: nosignal_v5a7ht1b.gif]

Switching to audio only to make this more discreet; I'm beyond my jurisdiction in speaking in an unofficial capacity here - whatever your people did to the Matsuda's tactical core, it worked. It more than worked; the battleship has gone from functionally neutered to functionally nasty in a matter of weeks. This is obviously a massive boon for our movement and reflects exceedingly well on the professorship - be sure to send my regards up the chain of command.

If there's anything else the Lane Hackers ever need, call us. I'll see what I can do.

[Image: 0_2cf34_b12679db_L.gif]

-Minori

[Image: kXcUv78.png]

...uploading.data...

Miss Rei, I cannot but admit that it is my pleasure to meet you.

It is really sad to hear that within a few months, the Sisterhood had lost two Hatsuyume, Hana Ken first and then Munen Musou. I am a man with contacts and ears in many places, if I can do something to avoid such tragedy from happening again, please let me know.

As for our trade agreement, please report all deliveries in our Job Board. They will handle your rewards. I should also underline that our organizations share a very important and common link that we do not have with anyone non-Maltese; we are cardamine consumers. We see things that others cannot. This important detail is what further makes the relationship that we have with the Golden Chrysanthemums special and unique to our eyes.

I understand why you need to make some questions to my friend first. Miss Rei, you can meet her at Ames Research Station, I will personally attend this meeting as well. I do not normally do this but I believe it would be a good opportunity for the two of us to meet in person.

[Image: FJ9srRj.png]

Taget ID: To whom it may concern.
Target Location: Liberty border worlds, Galileo.
Encryption: Encrypted.
Sender Contact : Masayume Minori Rei.
Subject: Zones of Control.

"Alright. Whilst we're in the maelstrom geopolitically right now, my inferiors are more than capable of acting in my stead. My fellow Masayume R.Takahashi will accompany me to Keplar. We may detour via Galileo if we have the luxury to make good on our word."

-Minori

[Image: kXcUv78.png]

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...uploading.data...

Good day Sisters.

We have still not heard word from you. Are you coming or not?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: LadyRed_v1_0_zpstuo0vtxf.png]

Sender: Lady Red
Identification: Golden Chrysanthemum, the Sisters of Light
Source: -Somewhere-

"Kon'nichiwa Yoshida-sama." She smiled.
"I think you will have to wait little longer for an answer from the Sisterhood of Dreams, as their movement may be emboiled in internal turmoil. However... I would like to ask you to wait a little longer and they might answer. Oh and I do not speak in the name of Sisterhood of Dreams since it is their little project with you only. We hope that everything will go in your favour. Until we meet again, may the gods protect you." She makes a small gracefull bow.
"Sayonara Yoshida-sama."
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...uploading.data...

Hello my dear Sister Red, it is wonderful to speak to you again.

I think you are right about the current status of the Sisterhood of Dreams. What if I told you that on a private conversation with Professor Nicole Hunter, she had predicted this downfall many months ago? Sad but true.

Anyway, I presume that the Sister of Light are willing to continue the discussions with the Lane Hackers. As mentioned before our Job Board is now offering delivery contracts for GC transports. Furthermore, a friend of mine would like to join your ranks should you accept her. She is cardamine addicted of course but she is also intelligent, passionate and of Hispanic in origin which I believe it may prove to be a useful asset in certain undercover missions.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: W9jfYih.png]

Identification: Golden Chrysanthemums, the Sisters of Light
Sender: Scarlet Death

"Kon'nichiwa Yoshida-sama,
a small introduction and explanation to me. My name is Scarlet Death. I am the small sister of Rinoa-o-nee-sama, known to you as Lady Red." She bows gracefully. "Rinoa-o-nee-sama set me that I in charge of the negotiation with you. This did not happen as a sign of disrespect but as a deep sign of respect to you and your people. I already talked with the transport owners in our ranks and can say for the Sisters of Light that we will bring the asked goods to Leiden base." A quick smile crosses her lips. "I think I can be sure the Lane Hackers will be polite enough to recoup them a bit, at least with you help when one of my girls is in needs.
And your friend is of course welcome in our ranks as long as she is willing to fight for our goal, with pencil and paper or with fire and blood." She chuckles gently. "And a cardamine addiction is no 'must have', it is common indeed but not necessary to become a true Chrysanthemum. So the addiction of your friend is not a problem for us. But I lost track of the topic, if your friend is wishing to join us I will arrange a meeting with the people in charge for that. May the gods protect you and your people, Yoshida-sama." Another gentle smile wanders over her lips and she bows courtly.
"Sayonara. Until we meet again."
Morioka Base, Shikoku System
24. Jan 823

[Image: lmNwzsl.png]

Sender: Komachi Kurosawa
Recipient(s): Vladimir Scorpius, Goro Yoshida; Lane Hackers
Priority: MIDDLING
Encryption: HALF-ASSED
Subject: Cardi Cardi Cardi

Hey-hey!

Yeah, yeah. A lot of these guys like to talk the talk, but here's yours truly walking the walk. Again. It's the job of the few to prop up the many, isn't it?

I couldn't help noticing this comm buzz across my array while I was on my way to a little soirée in Tomioka, so I thought I'd pitch in. I swung by my train, the Ezomatsu, at Cali, and ran a load of fresh Maltese orange straight down to Leiden. Loaded up with some cracked discs and whatnot to take off your hands while I was there, too. No need to thank me, I know, I know.

I don't stand for anything other than myself, but I'm still around and ready to pitch in, as per usual. Expect more shipments to come as and when I have the time to move them. Gives the old girl a workout, too - she hasn't done much other than languish in dry dock for the past few months, except for that one time I let Nishimura take it on a run with the 75th Squadron. I hear they got blockaded in the Sigmas for hours.

Anyway, that's probably enough chit-chat to pad out this little delivery report. Here's the proof, of course. I'd hate to forget that.

Arrivederci!
-Komachi

Data Stream Terminated

Pages: 1 2