Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help With Texturing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried UV map technique but it is confusing, As ship have a lot of parts and I don't know which is engine in UV map or which is Glass. Any help?
what do you mean when you say, "it is confusing" ... what part of the UV mapping you are doing is confusing, UV mapping is pretty straight forward unless you are working on organic shapes, where it gets a little more complicated but not overly so.

what is the problem you are having?
(03-09-2015, 12:24 PM)Hidamari Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean when you say, "it is confusing" ... what part of the UV mapping you are doing is confusing, UV mapping is pretty straight forward unless you are working on organic shapes, where it gets a little more complicated but not overly so.

what is the problem you are having?

I am having people identifying which part will be front of back, Let me show you the Map

http://s30.postimg.org/uts5ntl41/image.png
you are doing it the wrong way around. you need to select parts of the model first not parts of the UV map.

Also its very rare that freelancer models have a UV set which is laid out like that. since freelancer uses tiling textures for the most part, I find that most of the uv sections tend to be larger than the 0,1 square you are supposed to use.

select the individual faces of your model you want to be colour x, and assign them to colour x, in the UV editor it should only show you the UV's for the faces you have selected. once you assign the texture to the polys you may want to then edit the UV's further and move them around to the location that looks the best.
it's really confusing but will try
I know totaly understand what you are explaining to me , Thanks a lot Hidamari