Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: for police factions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, we know the police factions arent really populated; the most succesful was probably LPI (because anyone who wanted a laugh would obviously join it, but now it turned serious?)

but, in general, police forces... lack firepower, and choice of ships...

Here are various project for police factions, probably for .86 only.

-Spreadshot guns
My boldest idea, and probably wont work. But basically, a laser gun with spreadshots, each not making much damage but if anyone catch all the shots from a single gun, enormous damage. Also, close range only weapon. 200/300m? I'm not sure on distances for im not a pvp expert.
Reasoning: shotguns seem to be a police force specific weapon. Plus, it is somewhat convincing if you want to disperse a crowd.

-Ion blast missile
I'm not sure if they exist... but I'd suggest a police-only weapon to disable gunboat/transport leveled shield with relative ease. I'd propose something without much tracking and decent speed. Torpedoe like weapon?
Reasoning: disabling smuggler crafts.

Police only ships;
-Police Wagon
A combat freighter, much in the fashion of the Grizzli I've made for the navy. Think, AT aimed for combat, better armour, more gun than turret ratio and a decent but not too large cargo space.

-Police Mobile Command Post
A cruiser sized vessel, rarely seen in operation only in the largest scaled operations, the PMCP would be very few in number (if we put a price not too reasonable with its combat capacity, might make up for it), but as efficient as military craft (since basically, it is a flagship.)
Quote:-Ion blast missile
I'm not sure if they exist... but I'd suggest a police-only weapon to disable gunboat/transport leveled shield with relative ease. I'd propose something without much tracking and decent speed. Torpedoe like weapon?
Reasoning: disabling smuggler crafts.

Make it a train cruise disruptor that does 50k shield damage, police ID only.
I love these ideas... .86? Man that is a long way away
' Wrote:Make it a train cruise disruptor that does 50k shield damage, police ID only.

Better make it a good deal slower than a train disruptor or everyone would quit smuggling and get 'respectable...'

in other words make it medium fast and dumb like Xing says and keep it sporting.
You could do it Mortar-like: torpedo graphic, energy gun.

Or a nova version with high blast radious so it actually depletes the shields no matter where it hits.
I like the idea of a command post. Only buyable on the 'highest' security guard base so you don't see millions of them. What size were you thinking of? Gunboat/cruiser/train size?
Everything here seams like a solid plan, except the 'shotgun' weapon, which I'm pretty sure might be unable to be done due to hard-coding. If Possible, go ahead, but it would need balancing before put into the final game.

The shotgun could end up causing lag, if it fired to fast, due to many bolts from each 'shot'

Other then that, sound ideas. I like the police cruiser/freighter.

Verg
I like the police wagon idea. Of course, I really like the Armored Transport. But it makes a lot of sense - you can't use a prison liner for everything. For small amounts of criminals being moved around you'd use something like that.
Keep the Ion torpedo as just that, a torpedo. If you create it using the cruise disrupter templet then it will affect more then just 1 target. This could be very bad in certain situations like if the firing craft is too close, then both the target and the launching craft are affected.
Oh the shotgun is very possible. A few mods already have their own versions of it. The Clone Wars mod uses dispersion to add some realism to laser fire (Since they weren't all that accurate + makes a nice spread) and it is a single line of code for each weapons as far as I know. If you don't want rapid firing weapons, simply have it multi barrelled (Only one barrel on the model but multiple in coding for this case)
It's a smart idea and would actually be deserving of the name 'Buckshot'...
Pages: 1 2