Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can AFC issue internal contracts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote: 11. Any freelancer or BHG individual or group may only collect on a bounty which that person or group has issued, sponsored or funded (fully or partly) so long as it is open to others to collect. All non-generic factions may sponsor internal bounties that are only open to members of the player or NPC faction.

So if a dude doesn't pay up lets say for a bet that AFC does with them in some race then it would make sense biker style to go after the dude and beat him up till he pays up.

Thing is.... are AFC allowed to? We are not using Freelancer IDs anymore so I would say we are not generic. I know there is some rule somewhere that freelancers cant in game hire other freelancers on a bounty... but how about in this case... since we are not Freelancer ID but only IFF (nerd)....
Do it on the forums. You're a "corporation," (wink, wink) so you should be able to do it. It would take someone being really butthurt and mad that he died in a pew to report you for it, since RP backs it up.

Granted, recent experiences have led me to believe that the vast majority of the thin-skinned, weak willed members of the community would jump on the opportunity to have the admins slap someone that bested them in a pew.
Didn't Reavers have bounties themselves on pretty much everybody, so that their members could shoot things easier and did not have to worry so much about the boards and ZoI, etc? I am pretty sure they had that, and it was not deemed against the rules. However - my memory is bad - it could also be that it was kinda hidden via MercNet at that time, but if I remember correctly, it was not a rulebreak, so you should be fine.
(03-12-2015, 04:14 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't Reavers have bounties themselves on pretty much everybody, so that their members could shoot things easier and did not have to worry so much about the boards and ZoI, etc? I am pretty sure they had that, and it was not deemed against the rules. However - my memory is bad - it could also be that it was kinda hidden via MercNet at that time, but if I remember correctly, it was not a rulebreak, so you should be fine.

MercNet was more like a way to stay covert, a lot of the bounties in there were actually posted by official factions, hence why different bounties required you to be friendly to different factions.
(03-12-2015, 12:50 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So if a dude doesn't pay up lets say for a bet that AFC does with them in some race then it would make sense biker style to go after the dude and beat him up till he pays up.

I still did not understand if that is against an outsider that did a bet against you, or for afc members, or both.
In any case, yes you can. First, because having your own ID you are not generic anymore. Second, cuz you can give out bonuses for kills, even if they are not a bounty per-se. In OSI we had bonuses for folks that killed some corsair lolwutz that were attacking nichols a couple years ago. We could not shoot him first and say it was a bounty, but as he attacked our base and ships everytime, we could just defend ourselves, kill the ship and get the internal bonus. Not a bounty, but a bonus for a job well done.
(03-12-2015, 01:16 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]vast majority of the thin-skinned, weak willed members of the community would jump on the opportunity to have the admins slap someone that bested them in a pew.

Hasn't this been the case always?

"omg jitter ban pls"
(04-01-2015, 12:30 PM)Doria Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2015, 12:50 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So if a dude doesn't pay up lets say for a bet that AFC does with them in some race then it would make sense biker style to go after the dude and beat him up till he pays up.

I still did not understand if that is against an outsider that did a bet against you, or for afc members, or both.
In any case, yes you can. First, because having your own ID you are not generic anymore. Second, cuz you can give out bonuses for kills, even if they are not a bounty per-se. In OSI we had bonuses for folks that killed some corsair lolwutz that were attacking nichols a couple years ago. We could not shoot him first and say it was a bounty, but as he attacked our base and ships everytime, we could just defend ourselves, kill the ship and get the internal bonus. Not a bounty, but a bonus for a job well done.

Yea what I was asking is if an outsider refuses to pay up can I as leader of AFC issue an internal bounty for only AFC members? To complete. Not AFC hunting AFC.
You might want to ask a greenie to confirm it, since you are in doubt, but I would say it's perfectly fine.

Edit: since, afaik, being generic or not is based on your ID, not IFF.
In the past it was always the case that if the public could also register and execute the bounty, it was fine. If it was purely internal as a mechanism for expanding your list of targets, it was a no-go. MercNet was a public board that hypothetically anyone could register for, so that's why it got a pass. My memory may be failing me here though.
XA- has internal rewards. LR- has internal rewards.

It is allowed as long as it doesn't overcome your current ID limitations.

For example you could not issue reward on random faction just so you can attack it.

You may issue reward for enemy you already can shoot.
Pages: 1 2