Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turret Veiw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My question is simple, how to edit the turret view.

What I mean is pulling the camera back a bit while in turret veiw to see more of the ship.

I would like to know how because of my quest of rendering ships, some ships are cut off by the words "Turret View" and I would rather the whole ship be in the picture. I have tried deleting the fonts but got a game crash from it, so....obviously thats out of the picture. I remember reading that the turret view is coded in the cockpit files but when I edit them to change from one cockpit to another, it doesn't work.

So....a lil help please?
Yes, it is possible... but am not siober enough to answer right now... Iwll anser tomorrow.
' Wrote:Yes, it is possible... but am not siober enough to answer right now... Iwll anser tomorrow.

Thanks mate.....and where is mah drink :mellow:
*Gives Linkero a drink*
It is rather simple to do, you can do the same for the camera in normal view. Very useful for say, the Kiith ships. The camera sits so close to them that flying them normally is a pain. I pushed the camera back on mine.

Shiparch in the ships folder of your data folder.
[Image: camerawk3.jpg]

Adjust the camera offset values and check the results. The server does not count this as cheating so you are free to test on the server infact.
Damn that liberty ale aye?
' Wrote:It is rather simple to do, you can do the same for the camera in normal view. Very useful for say, the Kiith ships. The camera sits so close to them that flying them normally is a pain. I pushed the camera back on mine.

Shiparch in the ships folder of your data folder.
[Image: camerawk3.jpg]

Adjust the camera offset values and check the results. The server does not count this as cheating so you are free to test on the server infact.

Yea I tried that already.....but the thing is it adjusts the camera from looking forward and backwards, not in turret view. Thats the main reason I asked:(I will try with larger numbers and see if it makes a difference in turret view
Buy a camera ship, the turret view should be far enough out then.:D:D
' Wrote:Buy a camera ship, the turret view should be far enough out then.:D:D

*laughs* yea that would work, but im doing it for all different ships.....well a few inparticular.

If ya look here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24543 I am compiling all the ship renders. If ya look closer theres a few that doesn't have a picture underneath(ex. Barracuda) mainly because in turret veiw the text saying your in turret veiw cuts off the bottom portion
The game will automatically take it from the last ship you fly... which is why when you fly a Dreadnought and then fly a starflier you're reeeeealy far away in turret view.

At least I think that's it.

Ah, no, goto DATA>COCKPITS>Discovery

The INI's in there dictate the camera view. Copy one like the Juggernaut, and rename it for yours:)

Seth
Pages: 1 2