Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Lane Hacker Command (LH~)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ilUtq9yilTGXL.png]
To: Lane Hacker Command
Encryption: Ultra
Subject: Shakedowns in Humboldt

Hello!

My name is Steve Squigs, I'm the Quartermaster for Saltese Station in Humboldt. It has recently come to my attention that the Lane Hackers are now, ahm, hassling our local mining force. Unfortunately our record keeping is poor at best, and nonexistent at worst; so I am unaware of any agreements that the Congress may have had with regards to protection on the local miners. Therefor I have been tasked with reaching out to the leadership of the Hackers to see if we could come to some, mutually beneficial agreement.

~Steve

End Transmission
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Steve,

I thought that I made completely transparent statement when I conducted parle with Andy. While I am sure that he has brought it to the attention of your Board of Arbiters, the intricacies of our pleasant conversation could have been lost in report due to my chronic politeness. It is extreme pain for me to be so vulgar, but to avoid any fatal misunderstandings I will list you key points of our position towards Junkers and The Congress specifically.

You are given immunity and protection because you are useful for us.

As long as you are useful we will ignore the fact that you trade with and harbor our enemies.

If you are actively helping our enemies when we fight them then you are no longer useful for us.

In order to not loose the merit of the case in this abundance of abstraction, let me be more specific. We barely tolerate the fact that you haul ores for Deep Space Engineering while enjoying your immunity and making profit for one of the Big Three. We barely tolerate the fact that Saltese Station is nothing more than an undercover Deep Space Engineering installation under Congress umbrella. However, we will not tolerate you actively protecting these corporate lapdogs when we come to Humboldt to teach them a lesson.

This is something that the old Congress understood perfectly. This is something that Marauders understand perfectly. The only question is whether the old Junker values, the ones we admired and respected the most - freedom and independence - are still alive within the Congress? Or maybe your unstoppable greed has led you completed transformation into a mega-corporation with ties to the underworld - a new "Independent" Neuralnet Division?

Please tell me Steve. Has it happened already? Have the Congress became new IND?

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...
[Image: ilUtq9yilTGXL.png]
To: Lane Hacker Command
Encryption: Ultra
Subject: Shakedowns in Humboldt

Ms. Hunter,

While I admire your use of language a simple no would have sufficed. As for whatever Andy has cooking up its not really within my domain of knowledge, I just keep the station up and going. Also, if we really were the new IND, you'd think we'd have better lawyers. Forgive my transmission, I was lead to believe by the miner that was hassled that the Lane Hackers wanted to communicate. Obviously I misunderstood the situation. At any rate I've opened this channel up to Andy seeing as he is the Liberty Director for any further comments.

~Steve

End Transmission