Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Graphics Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive noticed on many screenshots, their graphics look low compared to mine, and i get massive 'lag' during fighting especially (takes 20 seconds sometimes to initialize nanobots:wacko:). I was wondering if the high graphics setting i have Freelancer set to is causing this lag, or whether its just my useless connection (>500ms ping).

If it is my graphics setting, should i turn ALL the graphics down to their minimum level? What should i do?
yes, doing that should help with lag, and if it doesnt then its your internet.
Thanks for the idea Saigo
The nanobot thing is probably to do with your ping. If your computer can run alright in fights (IE it doesn't stutter or freeze) then you are fine. I run FL at max graphics and always have, no problems except when my internet goes slow on me, in which case ships start to drift a little more etc.
Do remember that a lot of image capturing programs would not save the picture at top quality so to save space.
Yea I keep mine on the highest there is and I never have a problem with lag unless its the connection. I have had a few times when I died because the lag was so bad.....mainly cause I would just sit there and wait for bots/batts to kick in....but by the time they did I was pwned
Thanks guys, ive adjusted my graphics to the lowest possible setting...and its exactly the same, must be the internet connection. Oh well, 500ms isnt that bad...
' Wrote:The nanobot thing is probably to do with your ping. If your computer can run alright in fights (IE it doesn't stutter or freeze) then you are fine. I run FL at max graphics and always have, no problems except when my internet goes slow on me, in which case ships start to drift a little more etc.
Do remember that a lot of image capturing programs would not save the picture at top quality so to save space.
Not to mention the loss of quality when compressing from BMP to JPG. Add further losses due to compression on large images on some webhosts, all adds up to *WYSINEWYG.

Also, 500 ms is half a second. That's the same as the time between two shots with a refire rate of 2.00. That means you could be hit with 2 rounds of Tizzie/Debilitator shots in the time you're waiting for the bots to kick in.

*What You See Is Not Exactly What You Get...