Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Zealous" | Test rig / Spy ship project [CLASSIFIED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: RjrijuT.gif]

Not available to public!
Channel access restricted to trusted BDM staff only.

[Image: yYtxZad.png]
VALKNUT NEURAL NETWORK
SCHATTEN PROJECT ARCHIVE
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
CONSOLE STATUS

STANDBY

[Image: 5SC7LaU.gif]

INCOMING MESSAGE | SCHATTEN INTERNAL NETWORK

To: The Engineers and employees assigned on "The-Zealous".

With the current power needed for the liner and its construction, we need to run a full test period with the Liner at its current stage, it has not yet undergone a full study period of what it events that will be met on this vessel, and thus i have requested that all crews currently stationed with some extra that have been selected to observe and maintaine this ship though its sudy period.

This message has been attached with a scheduled that the entire crew sections will be selected to follow:

We'll be setting off within a 2 hours, at that point the testing and monitoring period of the ships systems will begin under various environment conditions in a live and possibly unknown territory, be ready and prepared, should you need to bring any personal belongings, you should do so at your own risk. Enjoy your stay, and limit how much Rhein Beir you drink guys.

With high hopes:
"Zealous" Epsilon-101

END OF MESSAGE
"The-Zealous" Ship logs

While away on this test period, i have finalized the design schematics for both the Supercomputer and all of its control units, both from bridge and any other computer terminals located around the ship, maintaining easy access to the ship. I've also included a Input/Output unit for myself so i can maintain all of the ships electronics systems and improve and bolster my own performance if need be.

I have hopes that this Supercomputer will help us in a series of events leading to the future use of electronic warfare, decoding, future schematic design, running Crysis-12, possibly anything you could throw at it. I just hope its good enough for the us and the Buro.

END OF LOG
"The-Zealous" Ship logs + SCHATTEN INTERNAL NETWORK

We're back at Schatten, and after a full insepction of the ship, these are the entire details of the components and current status of the ship, it is subject to change within the next following weeks and regular updates will take place along this network.

Technical Specifications 26/03/22A.S.

Ship Name: “The-Zealous”
Ship Registry: “The-Zealous” - U-001
Ship Class: "Shukensha" Renzu Modular Liner
Power Plant: H-Fuel Reactor Turbine
Engine Type: A-J17 H-Fuel propulsion engine (Heavy Renzu Variant)
Fuel: H-Fuel

Component Updates: [None]

Inspection Test Results

Quote: Power being generated from the reactor is enough for the Liner alone, since most of its basic "leisure" equipment has been stripped out, a lot of excess power is waiting to be used, suggest we develop the super-computer now as we're able to do so while the ship is waiting for the approval of the HTTB breeder reactor to see if that the power is efficient enough to supply the entire system, modifications and the basic ship functions itself.

END OF LOG
SCHATTEN INTERNAL NETWORK
[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/RKlnNtk.png?1[/img]Our gratitude from Volker Koch and the engineers at Nassau space port, we've recently fitted a MK3 Heavy cloaking device fully able to conceal our ship, but shortly after the test, we had realized that almost 90% of the power plant was being used just to maintain a fully concealed state without a separate energy source, we've reserved some space in our cargo hold for extra battery reserves, hopefully keeping it in working order. That is both inefficient and stressful on the current engine. I've had a word with Koch about it and we're going to soon start construction on the HTTB power plant and engine. Especially for a test rig.
Technical Specifications 31/03/22A.S.
Component Updates: Mk3 Heavy cloaking device fitted with complete wiring and command control units.

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/p6juuOG.gif?1[/img]
High-Temperature Thorium Breeder Type-1

"The "HTTB" (High-Temperature Thorium Breeder) is a nuclear reactor based on Thorium-MOX instead of the basic MOX fuel as fissile material. Such an reactor reaches almost the double amount of performance as an ordinary reactor. Extreme temperatures and pressures inside of the reactor increases the neutron emissions which results in an increased nuclear fission. The reactor protection walls have been reinforced to ensure a save operation. The inner walls are coated with Noruthan which reflects strong gamma radiation and also forms a heat shield. A cooling circuit with compressed helium gas provides cooling for the reactor. " -BDM Technologies archive

This reactor was approved for use right from the start, even negotiation deals were made before being assigned into the buro by our own choice. The reactor is as of yet "untested" in real space-time conditions. As such as Volker Koch said, "it might work on paper but in praxis it could look differently", thus putting it onto "The-Zealous" is the key step to approve the usage of this engine inside the RNC-Schiller. But this will also help power any needed equipment that would be tested on our Liner should it require an enormous amount of power, one such example would be the Supercomputer that is waiting to be installed into the ship, and to futher that we're hoping to install a high powered radar system capable to do both long range object scans and environmental scans of systems, and to even futher that we are also a covert operations ship so even more power will need to be used to power the device while keeping everything else in check... POWER POWER POWER, POWER EVERYWHERE! But hopefully with the reduced need for high powered weapons, shields and other defense systems, we can substitute the power required into those and put them into the other equipment we'll be using.

Construction of the engine will not begin till all components have been delivered, and this follows for the stripping of the Kusarian "A-J17 H-Fuel propulsion engine" from the ship, still having it available for operational use.

The components for the construction of this engine listed, and will need to be delivered at: MAINZ STORAGE FACILITY

Quote: Contract with DHC- will need to be made, hopefully fulfilling the delivery and construction quote needed to be required, and possibly the use of their shipyards to place those modifications on board the vessel. Further notes are to suggest that we might also need to have the Supercomputer soon to lower the risk of complications, plus further adjustments to hardware on board the bridge.

Update- 19/04/822: A contract with the Junker Marauders was established to hide and disguise any legal evidence of imports into Mainz, they have also been told to keep their mouths shut and stay on task with the importations, i've offered a contract job in return... But that cloak on our bomber is looking dusty... I think i might have a good idea on how to pay them, i hope they like it.

END OF LOG
With waiting for a delivery contract to be made with a corporation to allow construction for the HTTB-1, Me and Geoff have been more focused on the construction of “The-Zealous” supercomputer system, this will allow me to control most of the ship and possibly all of it with enough time and tinkering.

Technical Specifications 31/03/22A.S.
Component Updates: Minor firmware updates allowing “Zealous Epsilon-101” AI unit to pilot the ship..

"Metastability" Supercomputer

We’ve been planning this build from the start, a highly sophisticated automated computer that can bolster my performance and even execute and calculate the toughest of commands, but heres something even better. Not only will it be used for the “Scientific work”, with the rise of highly sophisticated groups, we’re hoping of creating a Electronic warfare ship, capable of infiltrating the securest of systems with mass amounts of computing power.

We’d also be able to hope that with the upcoming built in high powered radar that we will be developing from high end military technologies, that we could possibly link it with the supercomputer so we’re able to search, scan and recognize anything quickly that could range from ships, anomalies, planets or whatever.
Using this we could create simulations, renders possible scenarios by harnessing what the computer will have at its disposal in terms of raw computing power.

The components for the construction of this supercomputer system listed, and will need to be delivered at: MAINZ STORAGE FACILITY

Quote:The Hogosha association have been contracted to deliver an number of the large assortment of parts... Mainly because the Buro don't have the time to do this, and that me and Geoff can't exactly be bothered to. Updates on these deliveries can be found here.
Cargo dropped off at Mainz storage facility will be picked up by Schattens internal personnel for a shorter, more tolerable trip.

END OF LOG
'Zeal's kidnapping has placed me (Geoffrey Enfield) in charge of the project until i can get her back, i just hope that we can continue the goal of this. She would of loved this.

Technical Specifications 12/04/22A.S.
Component Updates: [None]

"Metastability" Supercomputer Construction Commencing

All components of the Super Computer has been delivered by the Hogosha, (Synth paste was personally picked up) they've been a huge hand in making this system work, Shatten's science and engineering teams have commenced construction of the system, but it won't be active until the HTTB-1 reactor is completed. This will play a key element in the use of electronic warfare against anyone who tries to cross paths, but is also purposed for utility and advanced computing, quantum processing.

The expected date for the process to be finished will be around 4-5 Days of construction with the amount of teams available since no other major projects are currently in process. Hopefully this will be done quickly for us to be able to put it to use quickly. The Liner will actually still be mobile, the components that have been delivered have been loaded aboard the ship and crews have been notified that a scientific construction team of around 50 have been picked up from Schatten and placed aboard the "Metastability" construction deck. All necessary tools have also been provided.

Quote: Lane hackers will need to be contacted to acquire some software to be able to harness the computing power that will be available with the "Metastability", another plan with this is for a high powered scanning and communications array to be hooked up to the main system, hopefully giving us the advantage for multipurpose, from simple environment scanning, to electronic warfare.

END OF LOG
[Image: zNJc7Qv.png?1]
I've had to re-call from the Liner diplomatic meetings in Alpha and have it brought back to Schatten, current modifications are in line for the next batch of experimental equipment. I've had the Rector lined up for every installation date but the Director keeps holding it back saying that the design needs to be "perfected." I honestly think that as head of Scientific departments, we can't perfect the design without prototypes, we can try, but like he said, Praxis is different to paper.

Technical Specifications 24/02/23A.S.
Component Updates: Un-named "Lane Hacker" Radar and Transceiver array + Compatible software with "Metastability" computer systems.

OPTRA (Omni-Purpose Transceiver and Radar Array)

Thanks to the Lane Hackers. A prototype Multi-purpose Radar system was installed, albeit a little bit scary, I've had to take a crash course into the software they've hooked into the server, and recently with the improvements of Zeal's condition, shes insisted she take over the programming and familiarity of the software. We've had to also design and install a fully functional array of compatible hardware within the Metastability, this separate unit communicates with the rest of the Supercomputer structure when it comes to environment, combat and data simulations; When it comes to the amount of powered required to use this system, its not what i expected. The Hackers do seem to know what it comes to with energy efficiency, although it still does seem to hit an absolutely enormous amount when it comes to using it but its still within the reactors limits, it just seems to get hotter than usual.

Thankfully there are multiple frequency bands this can operate on for its multi role purpose, ranging from ultra long range detection on a Ultra High Frequency band used for system wide mapping and scanning of large solars and strong energy sources, its not so good on objects smaller than a planetoid or emit low energy readings; reasons due to this is the multi-band frequencies emitted from solars within the systems that cause anything small to either be missed or completely undetected within its scanning band at long range. L and S Band is also supported as standard when it comes to object detection in closer ranges, communication and data transmitting, although they have some nice features. Once certain frequencies and bands are detected, the communication system then sends those to Laser arrays mounted separate to the RF system. The RF system is also subtle and obvious jamming systems from white noise generators and modulated carrier transmissions that clog up the entire frequencies that its transmitted across to all receivers. The only possible way this can be traced is through triangulation, which would require 3 or more transceivers or receivers; at this point either another intervention action should be taken.

Thanks to the high powered and multi-purpose array and frequency generators and just the sheer strength of the amount of data that can be transmitting can be overwhelming. Its like having then entirety of a city provinces neural net access speed combined. This thing can transmit up to 2.4 Peta-bits of information and/or data to accessed networks and frequencies. Fortunately the only ones who can receive and manage that amount of data are the arrays on Shattens networking center. I don't think I'll be attacking that anytime soon though.

With an high powered, modular frequency transmitter using laser arrays (250 separate VLC laser transmission diodes), we can focus this data transmission on varying strength by setting the system to determine how many lasers are used within VLC systems on other when transmitting information to ensure we're not trying to force the receivers such as small ships to obtain 2.4 petabytes while the average fighter can only receive about 22~ Gigabits/second while your average transport or commercial stations and large vessel can receive around 260 Gigabits/second while large military vessels can receive up to around 1.2 petabits/second at peak. Changing the amount from the transmission diodes used greatly affects the receiver, too much and the data (if not already) would become garbled and messed up due to sections not picked up by the receiver making it completely useless. Although I have found use in this method, by detecting what channel is used by a target vessel, the transmitter then sends a recurring handshake loop at such an astonishing rate, the packets almost total up to 270 Terrabytes of packets every second, virtually jamming the transceiver channel completely, stopping any data going to and from the target except for OPTRA (Which we still have room for other transmissions if all our channels aren't taken up by the operation.

Quote: With the equipment that was provided, it seems that this is something of another level. I'll be quite honest, all we can get off this thing is that its Lane hacker tech. As much as I'd love to poke at every transistor and circuit board I'd fear that I might damage it. Best I can do is actually getting it to work at full efficiency when the cloaking system and electronic systems are activated. We're going to desperately need the Reactor sooner than I wanted if we're going to need to run more things at once because I'm pushing the boundaries on what I'm able to run at once, if we hit peak load on the Metastablility with everything else, we'll probably stall the entire vessel. Now if I could find a way to transmit Drum and Bass onto every secure communications network in a region with this thing, then that would be great.

END OF LOG
"The-Zealous" Ship logs + SCHATTEN INTERNAL NETWORK

Its been almost a year, Not so much progress and we've had quite a few setbacks. Still no word on the Reactor being installed into the rig. Although, the powerplant reaching its final stages of testing in a controlled environment. We're hoping to move the first system directly to the allocated room as quickly as possible.

Technical Specifications 24/02/23A.S.

Component Updates:
(Quantum & Binary) "Metastablity" class supercomputer [None]
OPTRA (Omni-purpose Transceiver and Radar Array)
Electronic Warfare software obtained from Lane Hackers.

Inspection Test Results

Quote:Apart from waiting on the Reactor to be installed, we're expect a complete power system overhaul to be done first, with a series of transformers, power-lines and even new engines capable of handling the output of a military class engine. The new power plant will be a great addition to the Liners equipment as we'll hopefully run everything at peak levels without the risk of going over the total power-output of the reactor unlike the A-J17. The HTTB-01 most probably might be able to support a better defence system too, with the amount of equipment we're mounting on this vessel, it would make sense to at least defend it effectively unlike a few transport turrets. It bothers me a lot, its also my home.

END OF LOG
Oh, My GOD! I think its about time we finally shoved these two into the damn rig. What was it, just over a year from it inside controlled testing, I'd think that people were holding it back because of its experimental design on a large scale. Anyway, its about time we cleared up all the loose wiring around the ship. Although the Direktor is now placing me and restricting my activities to this installation and testing, telling me that it needs to be done by the week or so. Christ, give me some time, I can try but no promises if things don't go smoothly. And they had to go through 9 developments of this engine before they thought it was okay to finally put it in the testing vessel, fantastic; Although i say, to go through 9 versions in around 2 years is quite phenomenal, must of been a large amount of progress made.

Technical Specifications 20/03/23A.S.
Power Plant: HTTB-9P (High-Temperature Thorium Breeder Generation 9 - Prototype)
Secondary Power Plant: H-Fuel Reactor Turbine
Engine Type: HNP-E3PS (Hybrid Nuclear Pulse - Engine Type 3 Prototype Scale variant)
Component Updates:
HTTB-9P (High-Temperature Thorium Breeder Generation 9 - Prototype)
HNP-E3PS (Hybrid Nuclear Pulse - Engine Type 3 Prototype Scale variant)
Ship wide Cryo-Cooling system.

HTTB-9P (High-Temperature Thorium Breeder Generation 9 Prototype)

The HTTB Gen IXp ("High-Temperature Thorium Breeder Generation 9 Prototype") is the next generation of nuclear reactors and belongs to the group of thermal breeders. Its special ability to withstand stress allows it to operate its fuel chambers with higher temperatures than usual and enables the possibility of SaF "Superactinoide Fission". Protection walls as well as other reactor components have been reinforced with high-temperature ceramics and are coated with noruthan, which reflects radiation and also forms an additional heat shield. However, the new concept has its disadvantages and is not without risks. Qualified personnel, advanced software, sophisticated cooling systems, new methods of fuel synthetisation and processing of its hazardous waste is therefore required, in order to ensure a safe operation of the HTTB. Although the power output of this reactor is scaled to meet more than the average Cruiser class war vessels due to the increased scale of the ship available to use and what equipment or possible prototypes might be used for testing. The usage of Thorium Mox has also increased to an exponential rate, consuming at least 10%-15% than the current biggest planned mass produced HTTB (The Mk4) with a full reactor having a full output time of ~1.2-TeraJoules (1,200,000,000 Joules). Almost reaching around ~3.8 Kilowatts/Hour. More than enough to power large scale equipment and any further installments without worry of a power shortage.
This heavily modified variation has been specifically made to run on a higher output level due to the larger amount of reactive fuel and expanded chambers, although this rose problems for the cooling of the system has come under the need to dedicate an entire Cryo-sector of the ship to withstand the extreme amount of heat out-put by the reactor. This Cryo-sector uses mixture of Liquid-Helium and Deuterium oxide as its main substance sitting in high density units connected to the cooling system to the entirety of the vessel, heat from the Power plant (Both Primary and Secondary) and the engine system of primary and twin secondary sectors. Heat dissipation should be enough to maintain the reactors operation levels at a maintainable 2200-2500 C° in the inner core, the outer reactor shouldn't reach more than 200 C° which is further insulated by several layers of Aero-gel which is then encased in a ceramic and graphite composite. This makes operations within hazard areas safer in the case of structural integrity damage, ensuring the reactors protective systems won't be compromised even from sustained direct fire until safety measures shutdown the reactor in the case of an unavoidable breach.

Further Details on the HTTB series of Power Plants.

HNP-E3PS (Hybrid Nuclear Pulse - Engine Type 3 Prototype Scale variant)

The ("Hybrid Nuclear Pulse Engine v3") short, HNP-E3. Known to be expensive in acquisition, but in long-term seen, a cheap concept; combining fuel efficiency, adaptability and reliability in an entirely new fashion. Based on the operating principle of the VP series, but redesigned, in order to guarantee compatibility of the HNP-E3 with the HTTB and ensuring a trouble-free use of DT-fuel (deuterium-tritium) as propulsion medium.

The HNP-E3PS has been developed to make use of same process as of other HNP series of engines, although the Prototype Scale has been configured to be cross platformed with 2 different scales of engines, using a larger primary thrust engine that has variable usage from low outputs and optimal transverse speeds, to which two secondary engines can be engaged as afterburners acting as Primary thrusters known as "Combat Speeds" giving the craft an added agility bonus, although this optional due to the higher consumption of DT-fuel and power draw. Smaller scale engines such as gunships and freighters may rely on standard afterburner thrusters while larger scale ships such as Cruisers and Battlecruisers implementing this engine type are able to implement the specialized afterburner technologies if desired.

The output on the HNP was so that long distance travel into other sectors was made possible without the usage of DT-Fuel, although at a reduced efficiency of between 10%-25% depending on the usage of MOX-fuel (10%) or H-fuel (25%), while maintaining the best degree of efficiency while in use to ensure that the simple case of "Running out of fuel" won't happen on long term deployments in the field.

Further details on the HNP series of propulsion systems.

Further Notes

END OF LOG
Pages: 1 2 3