Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone! I'm hoping to join this RP community for a number of reasons...
Firstly, Freelancer was one of my first MMOs, I have fond memories of flying with a frenchman, alias: RogeyGlum, weaving tales of Cardamine smuggling through the Sirius sector; navigating through minefield and asteroid fields long into the night.
Secondly, I was looking for a game with a good roleplay experience woven into gameplay that I could enjoy, finding Discovery is a blessing for me as it marries two of my favourites together! So, I'm looking forward to RPing with you all.

Just a small question, is there any easier way to navigate the player factions and their alliances? I was having a bit of trouble locating a player faction for the Outcasts though I wasn't sure to the extent to which the mod has altered the universe and assumed they might have been erased? Regardless, here's hoping to see you in space soon!

Just a small note about my background (as a player), I'm a BMS Falcon 4.32 simmer, as well as an occasional DCS vpilot though I suspect that a joystick won't help me much in Freelancer! I also enjoy ARMA 3 with a milsim group. Recently I stopped playing ARMA 3 Life due to the amount of drama within the community, as well as "badmin" behaviour and a general bad experience of the place. I'm hoping someone might give me a hand once I show my face in-game and just give me a lay of the land or a decent overview of recent events!

I'm based in the UK but it's likely that you won't see me (after a week) for a month as I head off on vacation somewhere nice... but I shall return with a vengeance! Smile

I'm super psyched to get stuck in!!
Hey welcome .IF you have any questions feel free to pm me.
About player factions see this : http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60 , outcast factions are in "Hispania" sub-forum.,
Have fun!
(03-26-2015, 04:18 PM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]Hey welcome .IF you have any questions feel free to pm me.
About player factions see this : http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60 , outcast factions are in "Hispania" sub-forum.,
Have fun!

Aha! I knew I was missing something, cheers Alexander. Reading up on my lore now, hoping to get immersed a little better. Is there any way I can view existing Outcast backstories to help integrate mine better?
Hey welcome, check stories and biographies sub-forum for all kind of character background stories
(03-26-2015, 04:23 PM)Lexi Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2015, 04:18 PM)Alexander Wrote: [ -> ]Hey welcome .IF you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Have fun!

Aha! I knew I was missing something, cheers Alexander. Reading up on my lore now, hoping to get immersed a little better. Is there any way I can view existing Outcast backstories to help integrate mine better?

Well everyone can have his own story , and you can see some stories in their recruitment thread: here and here
The applications for The Crimson Cross are visible but ones for the 101st aren't, sadly. Good few to read through though Alex, thank you!
Right 101st have a new one, oh well i forgot. Glad that I could help you a bit.
I'm looking for a wing-person to play with on a semi-regular basis. I've been around since 2007, but I'm recently returning from an 8-month hiatus or so. If you like, I could show you the ropes and you could help alleviate the terrible boredom and e-loneliness I feel whilst playing!
(03-27-2015, 04:21 AM)Acolyte Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for a wing-person to play with on a semi-regular basis. I've been around since 2007, but I'm recently returning from an 8-month hiatus or so. If you like, I could show you the ropes and you could help alleviate the terrible boredom and e-loneliness I feel whilst playing!
I prefer wingma'am. See you in-game. What times do you play? (+ Timezone please!)
Hello
Pages: 1 2