Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Engine types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking through under equipment on the wiki and saw engines weren't there. Can they be added?
PS: we're can u get the BHG engines? On a GB.
Sure, that should be doable enough once I find a way to extract all the engine locations from the game and finish an infobox template for them. I'd almost forgotten, so I'll get them added to the v4.88 to-do list soon enough so that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the notification!

It'll probably take some time before this happens, though, unless somebody else is willing to start on it, as I am technically away on "vacation" over the next week or so and I'm not sure how busy I am after that, but I thought I'd at least get this replied to and clarified before too much time had passed. Shouldn't be that difficult to work out, though! Smile
You can buy the BHG engines, known as Edgeworld engines, from Corsair, BHG, Core, Order and Zoner bases.
Since engines are cosmetic, I would like to suggest that the data about them include the effects that they provide.

After all, knowing what the color, etc is is at least as important as knowing where to acquire one.
(03-29-2015, 03:14 PM)Chance Wrote: [ -> ]After all, knowing what the color, etc is is at least as important as knowing where to acquire one.

I second this idea. I sign it with my all 4 paws.
[Image: x0sahz.jpg]
Mille Gratze!
Another quick note regarding engines and their sale locations: Freelancer Companion lists all these in its "Items Repository" under the "View" menu. All the new purchasable ones have the "_add" suffix on the engine list, making them relatively easy to find until they're put up on the Wiki.

PS: Yup, I agree that adding an image of the engine effects for each type of engine would be a good idea; that's absolutely going in, as it's one of the few things FLC can't provide you with. Smile
If I may ask guys is there a way to design our own engines? I think that order and BHG should make there own unique ones.
(03-31-2015, 01:05 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]If I may ask guys is there a way to design our own engines? I think that order and BHG should make there own unique ones.

This game doesn't really allow players much if customization