Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(04-08-2015, 12:21 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2015, 06:32 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Blood Dragons - 75% - We are okay with it
GC - 75% - Also okay with it
The Order - 75% - But we are working on 90%
Zoners - 90% - But to be honest, Zoners can offer just Gunboat and Osprey MK2
Colonials - 75% - From the old deals, not going to be used anyway.

Are you somehow suggesting that this is a problem?

Yes, you are saying we have quite a wide choice of GBs. I showed you nerfed ones, yet you said it would be weird for CONGRESSMAN using unlawful Gunboats, so why should GMG? If I followed your logic, then Junkers shouldn't have their Gunboat at all.

Thanks for your input though.
(04-06-2015, 03:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 03:41 PM)Haste Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 12:32 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 11:55 AM)Mímir Wrote: [ -> ]You can easily handle gunboats by using fighters/bombers exclusively, and if you can't muster the players you can advertise for more (I'd love to join a coordinated fighter PVP faction that flies Karasus (and Katanas!) and shoot at all types of ships if only there are plenty of targets, I'm sure others would too) or hire gunboat freelancers. If GMG| made PVP awards like in the IMG, or paid security pilots a percentage of the mining profits you yield, I am sure you can attract an army of PVP whores.

The big problem is that shooting Gunboats like you would everywhere else in Sirius does not work in the Sigmas. All a Gunboat pilot has to do is make for an explosive gas field and they've got a pretty good immunity to snubs. I made a thread asking if it'd be possible that GMG ID'd ships or the GMG ships themselves could get a special bonus where they'd be immune to explosive damage, as per their lore. The proposal was shot down by the rest of the community sadly.

Or things could be turned around so that snubs can just about navigate a gas cloud field, while gunboats and up would be too large to avoid the pockets and get torn up by them. As per the lore (:
Is that even possible?

I have never seen anyone get killed by gas pockets
(04-08-2015, 02:48 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 01:46 PM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]The GMG already can use Gunboats, isn't it? I can understand the reason of not using the KuEx especially in the Gas fields inRP. But what's the problem with the Condor?

Condor not all that great neither is the adhouri (however it's spelled), KU gb too fat and none have the greatest arcs. GMG need a GB I agree with the leader. I hope too see GMG and Kruger fighting more.

Ok. And Kruger using which Gunboat?
(04-08-2015, 02:53 PM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 01:46 PM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]The GMG already can use Gunboats, isn't it? I can understand the reason of not using the KuEx especially in the Gas fields inRP. But what's the problem with the Condor?

Condor not all that great neither is the adhouri (however it's spelled), KU gb too fat and none have the greatest arcs. GMG need a GB I agree with the leader. I hope too see GMG and Kruger fighting more.

RM GB and it's good either way pls tell me how 5bombers even stand a chance against 3 good solaris GB pilots. Hint: they dont
(04-08-2015, 02:48 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are saying we have quite a wide choice of GBs. I showed you nerfed ones, yet you said it would be weird for CONGRESSMAN using unlawful Gunboats, so why should GMG? If I followed your logic, then Junkers shouldn't have their Gunboat at all.

You fail to grasp the political complexities of the Congress and the disparity in the level of consequences should a Congressman be caught in an unlawful vessel vs a GMG pilot caught in an unlawful vessel.

Regarding the tech nerf? 75% is perfectly workable, especially in a gunboat.
(04-08-2015, 02:59 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2015, 02:48 PM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are saying we have quite a wide choice of GBs. I showed you nerfed ones, yet you said it would be weird for CONGRESSMAN using unlawful Gunboats, so why should GMG? If I followed your logic, then Junkers shouldn't have their Gunboat at all.

You fail to grasp the political complexities of the Congress and the disparity in the level of consequences should a Congressman be caught in an unlawful vessel vs a GMG pilot caught in an unlawful vessel.

Regarding the tech nerf? 75% is perfectly workable, especially in a gunboat.

A 75% adhouri vs a 100% RM GB? I don't think that's workable.
Anywho, any ideas on what the model should look like? I gather that in colors it would look like the rest of GMG stuff, but how it should be shaped to reflect the size and the nature of the faction it represents?
(04-08-2015, 03:12 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Anywho, any ideas on what the model should look like? I gather that in colors it would look like the rest of GMG stuff, but how it should be shaped to reflect the size and the nature of the faction it represents?

Snakes model was nice. Also another note too you guys is you should try and get your own engine color. (Aqua) my recommendation.
(04-08-2015, 02:56 PM)Punisher5431 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2015, 02:53 PM)xiphos Wrote: [ -> ]

RM GB and it's good either way pls tell me how 5bombers even stand a chance against 3 good solaris GB pilots. Hint: they dont

I can't tell you because i am not a PvP pro. That's why i was asking about the Condor and stuff. The thing i know is the RM Boat is a good one.So thanks for the Hint.
I see a lot of fuzz here about Kruger using RM GBs and some kind of destroyers? Let me enlighten people reading here. Kruger uses Condors aka civilian GBs. Official Kruger| doesn't use RM GB not even destroyers, for second ID doesn't allow. We also don't have clearance for that from RM for usage of RM GBs. Second we did buy some GBs from APM aka BHG but as far as I know they were not used to shoot GMG.

So once again that people don't think that Kruger is uber-overpower-ganking GMG I will repeat: Kruger| uses Condor. End of discussion.

PS: Sorry Pavel, I had to set things straight considering all the untruths being thrown around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8