Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Activity: March
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I understand that, but that doesn't happen only with new or recently renamed/moved chars... A few days without logging the ship and it doesn't track it anymore.
Is there any way around that? The not tracking the first day after a ship's experience. Because quite a few hours have been lost that way. You get a new member and they are eager to fly during their first time out and about. Or if you make a new ship for some purpose, but lose all time after that.

Could this be fixed if the server restart happened more than once a day? Those code hunters tho..
It would require to rewrite a large chunk of DSAM to do that, which I'm not really willing to do. It's also not tied to restarts.

I might look into it when I'm done with everything that already has to be done, but no promises.
Fair enough... You've done a ton of good job already. My intention was not to pressure anyone, but make the issue more clear, so we find a solution.
Basically, the Skype discussion was about following issues:

1. Using two different trackers only once to protect specific faction one month ago, and refusing to use it now to save two others.
2. Suddenly giving one faction the exception to 24 hour rule, because they are only one hour below requirement.

Easy solution.

Use only forum activity tracker and treat all factions the same - 24 hours. Not a second less.
(04-02-2015, 12:21 PM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]a few things about this month's activity check will be reviewed in due time.

We'll get back to you with appropriate updates on the matter if needed.
Noted, so to stop going in circles closed for now - Tunicle
Ageira added to the suspended list.

K'hara added to the warning list.
Also, for the record (and to make people stop PMing me with the same question) here's a clarification on the subject of trackers:

After further discussion within the team, it's been decided to maintain the checks strictly under the official tracker (as found here) and no off-site third-party trackers will be taken into account for the monthly activity checks. Furthermore, we are (and have been) aware of the bug with the official tracker (as explained in this post), however, as it is not considered a critical bug and only effects 1/30th of each character's potential activity (and only for the first month it's created), its fix will have to be postponed until all the higher priority items on the hook to-do list are taken care of.
Question: Have admins way to check the activity for whole month? I mean on the tracker is logged only activity for last 30 days, however half of the months has 31 days and thus if faction member makes activity on the very first day of these months (for example 1st May), it will not be included in total recorded activity when the check is made (on the 1st June).

EDIT: And question number two: If the faction can prove some character was online (by logs of conversations ingame for example) but his time was not logged (because next day the char´s online time wasn´t changed/is zero), will this time be added to faction´s activity time?
Can forum activity be monitored yet?
Pages: 1 2 3