Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Forum update: reset of all forum & thread subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was 300 members subscribed to entire subforums such as flood or sanction notices. In most cases, this serves little purpose aside of wasting emails on our email service.
There was around 9500 members subscribed to various threads as well.

As most of these players have not logged said forum accounts in quite a while (mostly forum alts, thanks for that.) we've reset all subscriptions so our emails stop being wasted.

Gytrash

It's possible to waste emails?
For the sake of not having to explain this to someone AGAIN:
Yes.
I think it's more a case of resetting the thing to reduce the load on the forums. But meh. I don't think i've ever subscribed to a forum, it only takes me two seconds to click on the appropriate thread/topic (sun)
Disable subscriptions to anything but RP and server announcement parts of forums?
No, just disable e-mail subscriptions. And then get Tapatalk. You will get a notification each time someone posts on your phone, easy.
I got rid of the buttons that allow subscribing to entire subforums. There's probably still a way to subscribe to them though inspector modification, but I'll know very quickly if someone does that and ask for the account to be banned, pure and simple.
(04-02-2015, 12:35 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I got rid of the buttons that allow subscribing to entire subforums. There's probably still a way to subscribe to them though inspector modification, but I'll know very quickly if someone does that and ask for the account to be banned, pure and simple.
Would it be possible to ask very nicely for permission to subscribe to email notifications for the Wiki subforum (again)? This shouldn't make much of a difference on your end (it doesn't exactly have that much traffic), but it would be much appreciated to get email notifications for new threads in there again so that I don't miss anything for extended periods of time or while I'm away.