Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-03-2016, 12:11 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Dude... literally nobody else agrees with what you did. Is an apology and a .beam out of bastille really that difficult for your ego to handle? Its been two months. You made a mistake, let it go and move on.

Funny to see you talking about 'ego' and a 'let it go' attitude.
(10-03-2016, 04:27 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]The Admin Code of Conduct is placed in the Admin forums and it is not available elsewhere as that is not necessary because it is essentially a big list of do and donts that is not relevant for anyone that did not 'sign' it, however, if you find that an Administrator abused power, which you can do by simply applying common sense, then you can file a report that will be handled and if justified will have consequences. Next time please try to use shorter sentences if you expect someone to answer?

So the community doesn't get to know what standard admins are held to? Yber voiced several times in this thread where he believed an administrator abused power. And a lot of people in here agreed with him. Based on everything I've heard, my common sense says he should file a sanction report.

So why haven't you all told him to file one? Your common sense argument doesn't hold water and the admin code of conduct should be publicized.

And no. The question was fine. Or is using English too complex for Hannibal to understand against the admin code of conduct?
(10-03-2016, 04:39 PM)Irwin Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2016, 04:27 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]The Admin Code of Conduct is placed in the Admin forums and it is not available elsewhere as that is not necessary because it is essentially a big list of do and donts that is not relevant for anyone that did not 'sign' it, however, if you find that an Administrator abused power, which you can do by simply applying common sense, then you can file a report that will be handled and if justified will have consequences. Next time please try to use shorter sentences if you expect someone to answer?

So the community doesn't get to know what standard admins are held to? Yber voiced several times in this thread where he believed an administrator abused power. And a lot of people in here agreed with him. Based on everything I've heard, my common sense says he should file a sanction report.

So why haven't you all told him to file one? Your common sense argument doesn't hold water and the admin code of conduct should be publicized.

And no. The question was fine. Or is using English too complex for Hannibal to understand against the admin code of conduct?

Server Rules

-- Administrators are obliged:
To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums.
To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.
Not to mix server roleplaying with server administration in any way.
Not to ignore any cases of server rules violations that are reported.

This used to be part of the server rules, it didnt get ported over to the update, but Ill do that now. You do not require to see the Admin Code of Conduct as everything it contains is condensed into those 4 lines of text, if something contradicts those, then you can assume that this is also the case for the CoC.

Regarding the XTF issue:
-Yber is here long enough, so we expected him to know he can report with things he considered to be overstepping bounds by players or the staff. Considering he did not do this and at least to my information did not talk to other Admins about this isse, the whole problem does not appear to be all that bad? Considering that even your common sense told you that a report might have been in order, then you might have informed him about this option as well?
-Hannibal took an action he deemed as fitting in this situation, that otherwise would likely have caused a lot of trouble. It could have been handled slightly different, but the intention behind the action taken was correct and supported by the staff.
-'A lot of people here' is a very unspecific and extremely subjective measurement, said "lot of people" appear to have been directly affected by this or at least have been affected by this because their "friends" have been. We have read the feedback in regards to this and made a decision on how to handle it.

Your question was ok, you should however keep in mind that not everyone in this community is speaking english as their mother tounge, as such it would be nice to formulate things in a simple way. Apparently that is why there is a "please" in my sentence? How that is related to Hannibal or the Admin Code of Conduct, which does not seem to apply to you at all, is beyond my understanding, but maybe you could as well stop the witch hunting?
(10-03-2016, 04:39 PM)Irwin Wrote: [ -> ]And no. The question was fine. Or is using English too complex for Hannibal to understand against the admin code of conduct?

mother of all, what exactly are you trying to prove with these sick burns. Are you just looking to get banned again for exactly what led to you getting banned in the first place? There are many ways to discuss things properly and this isn't one of them. We don't exactly need a CSGO stereotype running around these forums.
(10-03-2016, 05:03 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the XTF issue:
-Yber is here long enough, so we expected him to know he can report with things he considered to be overstepping bounds by players or the staff. Considering he did not do this and at least to my information did not talk to other Admins about this isse, the whole problem does not appear to be all that bad? Considering that even your common sense told you that a report might have been in order, then you might have informed him about this option as well?

I seriously doubt any report against any admin would even be noticed let alone voted on by the very people being accused.

Quote:-Hannibal took an action he deemed as fitting in this situation, that otherwise would likely have caused a lot of trouble. It could have been handled slightly different, but the intention behind the action taken was correct and supported by the staff.

Placing the leaders of either side of the event including the host in bastille as well as beaming away participants from an event they all agreed on and all loved and had fun in the past year/current year with is somehow "fitting" for the situation? You think he saved people trouble? He was what caused the event trouble to begin with.

"Intention behind the action taken" You really don't like interpreting the rules at all do you? Unless it involved banning 6 members you deem harmful to the community with pretty much no legit evidence of course.

Last year the admins supported the XTF event, from what I herd they even made temporary bases to support the event because the player count rose over a 100 for it and every enjoyed it. This year when the server is even more dead and the event happens again you just shut out a bunch of people. Rules are rules yea, but there's also something called "interpreting rules/laws" following the rules so bluntly did nothing but harm the people at the event.

Quote:-'A lot of people here' is a very unspecific and extremely subjective measurement, said "lot of people" appear to have been directly affected by this or at least have been affected by this because their "friends" have been. We have read the feedback in regards to this and made a decision on how to handle it.

By a lot of people he means everyone at the XTF event which is well over 100 people which is way more than the server gets online at average. Everyone who commented on the event was present. From what I've seen.
(10-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2016, 05:03 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the XTF issue:

I seriously doubt any report against any admin would even be noticed let alone voted on by the very people being accused.

Which is a good thing? If the people accused were allowed to vote, then this wouldnt work. Staff members do not contribute to discussions that concern reports or votes about them or their factions. As seen in the recent case, such things do get processed if they are justified.

Quote:-Hannibal took an action he deemed as fitting in this situation, that otherwise would likely have caused a lot of trouble. It could have been handled slightly different, but the intention behind the action taken was correct and supported by the staff.

Placing the leaders of either side of the event including the host in bastille as well as beaming away participants from an event they all agreed on and all loved and had fun in the past year/current year with is somehow "fitting" for the situation? You think he saved people trouble? He was what caused the event trouble to begin with.

"Intention behind the action taken" You really don't like interpreting the rules at all do you? Unless it involved banning 6 members you deem harmful to the community with pretty much no legit evidence of course.

Last year the admins supported the XTF event, from what I herd they even made temporary bases to support the event because the player count rose over a 100 for it and every enjoyed it. This year when the server is even more dead and the event happens again you just shut out a bunch of people. Rules are rules yea, but there's also something called "interpreting rules/laws" following the rules so bluntly did nothing but harm the people at the event.

The situation this time seemed to get out of control, so the Admin there acted. Not really going to discuss this any further than this. File a report if you must.

Quote:-'A lot of people here' is a very unspecific and extremely subjective measurement, said "lot of people" appear to have been directly affected by this or at least have been affected by this because their "friends" have been. We have read the feedback in regards to this and made a decision on how to handle it.

By a lot of people he means everyone at the XTF event which is well over 100 people which is way more than the server gets online at average. Everyone who commented on the event was present. From what I've seen.

Apparently all of them are completely unbiased in this case.
The last time I was Admin, I failed to find the Admin Code of Conduct written by Del. It's possible I simply missed it. Does it still exist in Admin forums or has it been done away with altogether?
(09-30-2016, 08:56 AM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the XTF issue:
-Hannibal took an action he deemed as fitting in this situation, that otherwise would likely have caused a lot of trouble. It could have been handled slightly different, but the intention behind the action taken was correct and supported by the staff.
-'A lot of people here' is a very unspecific and extremely subjective measurement, said "lot of people" appear to have been directly affected by this or at least have been affected by this because their "friends" have been. We have read the feedback in regards to this and made a decision on how to handle it.

What I want is a solution, not a punishment. I won't get an apology by getting someone from the admin team removed, much less when he is proficient at behind-the-desk tasks. By reporting Hannibal the players who hadn't stepped in Freelancer for a decade won't have their fun back, nor will the ships that got bastilled for no reason and with no notice be freed.

The decission was NOT correct, the handling was NOT correct and ultimately the way the administration is handling this is extremely childlish. "Lol go report him" is something a 5 years old does when his brother takes his legos away from him. This is not an issue that will be solved by slapping someone.

One would think you'd know that by now.
(10-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]The last time I was Admin, I failed to find the Admin Code of Conduct written by Del. It's possible I simply missed it. Does it still exist in Admin forums or has it been done away with altogether?

Its pinned, right in the Tutorial section that every new Admin likely visits first Wink So you likely just didnt see it because you came back and didnt really need to look at the tutorials to know how things work.

@ Yber:
What exactly do you try to achieve then?
You bump your post, asking for consequences for something that felt like a hundred times, when Hannibal makes a post to explain why he did things, people dont really seem to try to talk about the issue in a constructive way.
Then when you get told how you could get the consequences you seem to seek for, you tell us that you dont want consequences?
You're acting like you didn't read anything.

Realizing that it was WRONG and action from the green side and initiative to say that you ***** up are the consequences I want and the only solution.

I bump my posts because you try to ignore them and refuse to acknowledge them, which is the most obvious and blatant *****.