Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boy, the admins have real lifes, a huge list of work to do that grows every day and only so much manpower available. And this is just a game. Ten days of waiting are literally nothing compared to how long people are waiting patiently for other stuff. Take a sandwich, calm down and just be patient, because there is no way of giving fair estimates on when someone will do your stuff, because it's not like "It will take that amount of time to do it", but like "There is so very many things to do and there is only so much time to do it". And then you need the right guys available as well.

Your style is not a single bit less arrogant, to be fair. Just be patient like everyone else, because we can be happy that there are people doing this very unthankful job anyway on a daily or weekly basis.
(01-11-2017, 11:48 PM)Sanja Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to escape character it?

EDIT: I mean the database is fine it's seems, it's just a PHP being nice.

Depends. I may be able to have a look at it this WE.
Actually, I still suggest a proper Community Management system with 2 people dedicated to communicate staff decisions as well as questions/answers with the playerbase.

And Sombra, that's hardly an argument.
(01-12-2017, 01:49 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I still suggest a proper Community Management system with 2 people dedicated to communicate staff decisions as well as questions/answers with the playerbase.

And Sombra, that's hardly an argument.

And I would rather, if we had such two people, them chip into admin duties rather than something as specialized.
(01-12-2017, 02:04 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]And I would rather, if we had such two people, them chip into admin duties rather than something as specialized.
Then recruit 2 new admins and 2 CMs. Bc if you just drop them in as admins, there's then still nobody left to actually do the communication with the members. And don't say the admins can/will do that, bc we've seen quite often enough that this isn't the case. CMs on the other hand just relay Information.

//Edit: Our mods could do the CM work, but that'd require them to post much more and to many different topics as well as handling support duty such as having people know their reports were received, telling about the status of any requests and informing people when their tickets were closed.
That would simply add another instance between Admins and Community. Disimprovement. If there are any news, that can be given away the way it is. After all, it works. It's just slow and impatient people will always be impatient.
It is not currently possible. Also it is not necessarily needed. It is just that the overall amount of stuff to do is constantly being updated and there are many things that are quickly added to the front of the list to do due to their importance, while some things are, like it or not, seen as less important and can be done later.

We currently have enough communication to the community in terms of what we can swiftly tell you. Many of the questions will never be answered by one admin or ''answered instantly'' due to it essentially needing a separate vote anyway.

We fully realize that the community wants more communication, but overall it is a waste of resources to do. We know what needs to be done, just that we do not things by submission date but rather by actuality. Feel free to nudge us to make sure the request did not fall off the desk as it sometimes does, but be ready to accept that there are more important things to do sometimes.
(01-12-2017, 02:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]That would simply add another instance between Admins and Community. Disimprovement. If there are any news, that can be given away the way it is. After all, it works. It's just slow and impatient people will always be impatient.
Just that what the admins deem news isn't what a support is handing out as Information. And it's hardly another layer between the admins and the community, it's rather an addition to the sparse Information-dealing we got right now.
(01-12-2017, 02:13 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]It is not currently possible. ...
We fully realize that the community wants more communication, but overall it is a waste of resources to do.
Not possible? Or just too much work to set up?
The staff wouldn't waste any resources as the admins aren't the ones doing it. Absolutely no loss resource-wise here.
//Edit: As said, one of the mods could prolly even do it, given enough access to the relevant subsections of the forums. Also meh, double-post.
Ask yourself this, do you -really- need a separate person to tell you that something ''is being worked on'' and ''will be done soon''?
I'd dare to say we are very well capable to reply like that ourselves.

People who are privy to the progress of certain technical related requests would need to be admins anyway. And by that point we would rather them do the admin related things, instead of waste time elsewhere.