Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-12-2017, 03:09 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]Funnily enough, this bogged down administrative system is the result of years of crying from prominent ex/not-ex community members about bias. Everything is submitted to vote and is now strictly about getting the majority of votes or not to pass. Tough luck for getting requests through if several admins vanish at a time, because that just create an even bigger mess until they're officially declared away and removed from the voting script.

That's not a good system because if any admin is absent at the moment without elaborating more about his absence reason and time of coming back then every request will be hanging there on the shelf forever without any progress, and no wonder, why admins will reply with some kind of vague replies, like ""It will be ready when it's ready"" ,.... as if it can be ready otherwise? LOL ... this is total failure and require changes , but anyway, thanks for the reasonable reply, since at LEAST it help understanding what's going on instead of the vague useless arrogant replies i received earlier, added to that a kid who installed his butt right where it shouldn't be and start sending insults here on public admin feedback thread.
(01-12-2017, 02:54 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]...with the only actual reward being free insults for not being fast enough or making a mistake. ...
Then why not have someone else take the flak?
(01-12-2017, 03:14 PM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a good system because if any admin is absent at the moment without elaborating more about his absence reason and time of coming back then every request will be hanging there on the shelf forever without any progress, and no wonder, why admins will reply with some kind of vague replies, like ""It will be ready when it's ready"" ,.... as if it can be ready otherwise? LOL ... this is total failure and require changes , but anyway, thanks for the reasonable reply, since at LEAST it help understanding what's going on instead of the vague useless arrogant replies i received earlier, added to that a kid who installed his butt right where it shouldn't be and start sending insults here on public admin feedback thread.

If you want an ETA and you have said you will be happy with that - here is one: You will get an answer this year.
(01-12-2017, 03:58 PM)Divine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2017, 02:54 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]...with the only actual reward being free insults for not being fast enough or making a mistake. ...
Then why not have someone else take the flak?

can't tell if you're serious ???

You own up to your mistakes, just like you do in life. It's no different here. It's called accountability. It doesn't however mean there's suddenly a right to treat the person like poo.
Quote: this bogged down administrative system is the result of years of crying from prominent ex/not-ex community members about bias
> have a still biased admin team who now just happen to vote on things so its okay because its democratic and it cant be biased
(:
(01-12-2017, 04:22 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: this bogged down administrative system is the result of years of crying from prominent ex/not-ex community members about bias
> have a still biased admin team who now just happen to vote on things so its okay because its democratic and it cant be biased
(:

Bias is everywhere, it's kinda a human feature. Some people are more easily swayed than others and I would dare say the current admin team is not necessarily that bad when you consider who else could be up there.

Do you think you'd do a stellar job yourself, prot?
Quote:Do you think you'd do a stellar job yourself, prot?
We're not gonna find out until the admins begin to evaluate staff candidates on the basis of their ability to do stuff rather than how they feel towards them personally

(:
It's this time of the year again? Where do I sign up?
(01-12-2017, 04:35 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do you think you'd do a stellar job yourself, prot?
We're not gonna find out until the admins begin to evaluate staff candidates on the basis of their ability to do stuff rather than how they feel towards them personally

(:

Interesting to see your biased opinion. You have managed to know what I am thinking, interesting!

I can honestly say, that since becoming an Admin, that I have not known, personally, any of the people that have followed me. I believe, also, that none of them have even been in the same Factions I am in.

I can also say that before I joined the Staff, I only knew one of them and that was Tunicle. This was due to us being in the same Chat to see what we could do to improve Gallia.
(01-12-2017, 04:01 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2017, 03:14 PM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a good system because if any admin is absent at the moment without elaborating more about his absence reason and time of coming back then every request will be hanging there on the shelf forever without any progress, and no wonder, why admins will reply with some kind of vague replies, like ""It will be ready when it's ready"" ,.... as if it can be ready otherwise? LOL ... this is total failure and require changes , but anyway, thanks for the reasonable reply, since at LEAST it help understanding what's going on instead of the vague useless arrogant replies i received earlier, added to that a kid who installed his butt right where it shouldn't be and start sending insults here on public admin feedback thread.

If you want an ETA and you have said you will be happy with that - here is one: You will get an answer this year.

You know what i dont want an ETA anymore Smile
Don't worry about it good man, It's okay - You can discuss it in 2 years not only 1 year, or you can keep it actually
No problem, and have a good night.