Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-31-2015, 01:55 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]the fact that no admins really did anything to step in after that kinda suggest they agree.

Lets run another scenario, alley closes thread, staff discuss the situation, alley opens thread and apologises. Would that look any different?
I am not sure if this is the place nor the time to place my opinion on the Admin Team, but I fell that what you guys are doing is amazing in itself, I can say as humans we are prone to muck up and I do not feel that the necesary stance that the community needs to take is that of agrees ion.
Tho there are things which you guys need to work on.
1. You guys need to work on the NPC interaction, as we all know the NPC are beyond stupid, while they can be somewhat well a relife from anger. The Combat system of the NPC needs to be a just ed.
2. The whole in game idea of the admin existace as pridefull gods hurts the role play as you guys rare ly if not never are not open to role play, well excluding when you are then you use alts. This is an example i run into I think it was alley or Garret and I just wanted to have a decent and pleasing talk with him. When you do decide you will ignore anyone till you feel that somebody in on your level.
3. Most of the faction leaders are admins which is then again something I do not agree with, as there will be somewhat of a personal bias towards the faction which they lead in order to ensure that your guys get the best.

One case which comes to mind is that both Rheinland and the BDM never get anything bu to be the test dummy and then we are those which always get beat in the lore, well when attention decided to pop up, but The DHC get what they want. I think there is a fare bit of unfairness with the admin
(07-31-2015, 10:47 PM)Thanatos Wrote: [ -> ]3. Most of the faction leaders are admins which is then again something I do not agree with, as there will be somewhat of a personal bias towards the faction which they lead in order to ensure that your guys get the best.

[Image: skype_facepalm.gif]

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showteam.php

^ That there says otherwise...

There are 6 staff that are faction leaders and of which TWO of them are admins... Your logic baffles me.
(07-31-2015, 10:47 PM)Thanatos Wrote: [ -> ]3. Most of the faction leaders are admins which is then again something I do not agree with, as there will be somewhat of a personal bias towards the faction which they lead in order to ensure that your guys get the best.

One case which comes to mind is that both Rheinland and the BDM never get anything bu to be the test dummy and then we are those which always get beat in the lore, well when attention decided to pop up, but The DHC get what they want. I think there is a fare bit of unfairness with the admin

So what is it that DHC "gets what it wants" ?
I am speaking for those which are not calling the whole admins team or/ even mod team. It's still a small bit of an opinion which in any case if not wanted must not be taken seriously
The DHC gets events gets attention and all it's projects are well not looked into or anything else.
(07-31-2015, 11:01 PM)Thanatos Wrote: [ -> ]The DHC gets events gets attention and all it's projects are well not looked into or anything else.

Can you name any particular examples? I always am open for constructive criticism.
I can tell you that one reason faction leaders end on on the admin or mod team, is it happens to be a great way for us to see how someone functions in this community as a leader. When we see how a person acts as a leader in the community, it gives us SOME idea of how that person will act on staff. It's not the only thing we look at though. Many admins choose to give up being faction leaders once they're on the team. That's what I did. It wasn't really a conflict of interest, but people were choosing to abuse my faction members because they were mad at what I did as an admin so I chose to give up being a faction leader.
(08-01-2015, 01:21 AM)Hawk Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I did. It wasn't really a conflict of interest, but people were choosing to abuse my faction members because they were mad at what I did as an admin so I chose to give up being a faction leader.

Such a selfless act, if only more were like you. Putting others first, big thumbs up Smile
Heya, I wanna say I think you do a fine job all things considered. I know it can be horribly ungrateful, and I thoroughly appreciate the hard work you do, despite what you might think. I also want to say that this is a friendly post, but I really don't know how you are going to take this. (Worried)

However the way you share information internally seems a bit off. During this week's farce, I've been in touch with various mods and admins only to have other members of staff contacting me, relaying information that grossly misrepresented me and what I have said. If you insist on having 0 transparency (and thus accountability) whatsoever, at least give players a fair chance to defend themselves free of bias and misrepresentation. I know parts of what I've told specific people have been shared in admin chats where I've received very little information back. Now I'm receiving threats to shut me up, but that's not really how the world works. We are culturally different, some of us have been taught to question authority, where that is perceived as insubordinance and "dangerous" by others. Some don't give a rat's arse about appearances, where others know that keeping up appearances is an easy way to get what you want, free of charge. When you have 15-year olds (who spent the better part of their lives on Disco and have little to no life experience) running this place you are bound to make a lot of mistakes and jump to conclusions. That's only human.

Like in any other institution, you guys are probably more likely to believe information you receive from your peers, rather than what you receive from regular members. I don't fault that, but I was lucky to see how I got misrepresented in this case; and I am fairly sure others weren't that lucky when they received their "sentence". I got told yesterday that it's against the rules (written or unwritten?) to relay information from Skype, so I won't go into that. I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about, or maybe you don't and you think I am horribly out of line right now. I really don't know anymore.

You are doing a voluntary job that you don't get paid for, and sometimes community members, myself included, give you guys headaches over things that aren't important at all. That's why I think that sometimes you should just say "Ferrari, we don't want you here" if that is really what you feel for whatever just or unjust reason, rather than go out of your way to try to cover it behind rules that don't exist, make rule changes so that you can justify punishments and still maintain an illusion of fairness or flat out banning the members who brings your own mistakes and cover-ups into the spotlight, as if that was ever a solution to anything.

What I am getting at is that maybe it would be better if you closed this thread and just banned folks when you feel that's in the interest of the community, rather than go out of your way to pretend to be fair. I can deal with that, I think everyone can deal with that. It's the blatant hypocrisy that pisses people off and creates lasting discord. As well as the misrepresentation/manipulation - I've been told that you feel it's "difficult to get through to me", but my inbox is empty and my Skype open, nobody did an effort to tell me that I am on a "dangerous course" or whatever. I still don't know what I specifically did wrong, and despite all my efforts this past week, no one has told me. One person tells me it's because I went against admin orders (which I obviously didn't, no green text etc.), another person told me I went against mod orders (which I might have, but you can hardly fault me for not being able to read minds. I can only relate to what's written, sorry) and a third told me that it was because I opened a second thread when the first one wasn't even locked, despite the fact that someone (else than said person, presumably) had in fact locked the first thread as I was typing out my reply. Now I am told I was trolling and that I should just shut up or I'll get myself into more trouble. I really really hope you can understand my confusion and frustration, as this has been (and still is) beyond ridiculous.

If you felt like I am a "problematic entity", why haven't you just written me a PM saying "hey bud, we're overworked here, and you make our lives misery. Please stop asking questions and stop the constant discussions"? In other words, you are creating a scenario where you can never succeed or communicate outside of bans, sanctions and threats. That's a shame when you have so many other - and better - options (and ironic considering the text-heavy nature of the forum). Just be real, it tends to work out great!

It's a privilege and not a right to play here, we all know. Just be real about things instead of hiding behind the illusion of fairness. It's ok that you are sometimes unfair, we all get it. It's ok that you value different members differently, that we are not all equals. We live in an unfair world, that's just how it is. We all deal with it. But please don't be such hypocrites, there's no excuse for that.

Some of us value our personal integrity, and no computer game can in any way challenge that. I'd rather be the person I am and not play Disco than I wan't to conform to something I don't believe in just so I can play here. If that's the choice I am given, it's a total no-brainer. Just tell me.