Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I was looking over the Official Faction List today and couldn't help but notice that [UC] is still listed as official and has the "perks" that it entails but hasn't been active in its own forums since May of last year, its time to pull the trigger and bundle up those threads and move them back into unofficial factions section
This one is not just for but for everyone since the sanction reports are voted on by everyone etc.

Quote:The rule clearly states that you mustn't re-engage someone before 2 hours have passed. What makes this significantly worse is the fact it was the same group of people that you engaged.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134786

You really only got away with this becasue you stated the 2nd sentence correctly. Feeding false information to new members on a sanction report is wrong. Additionally, people also read these out of curiosity. It is wrong to impose your own ideas into a rule.

If you do not know what I am still talking about then let me break it down for you:

3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.

it says "or re-engage the attacker(s)"

NOT

"someone"
Stop being pedantic. For you to re-engage, it would have to be the same person or group. If it was a different person or group, you'd just be engaging. You're misinterpreting the (admittedly funky) wording, nothing else.
(01-09-2016, 04:46 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Stop being pedantic.

It's called being professional.

(01-09-2016, 04:46 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]For you to re-engage, it would have to be the same person or group. If it was a different person or group, you'd just be engaging.

yes.

(01-09-2016, 04:46 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]You're misinterpreting the (admittedly funky) wording, nothing else.

Should be more clearly stated then since the thing written after was "What makes this significantly worse is the fact it was the same group of people that you engaged. "
So ... there.

You have a point, though the wording shouldn't be repeated with "further more" meaning there is something more to it. one can get confused.
Well, if you re-engage 5 people at the same time because they were all there last time, that's probably seen as worse than if it was a 'technical' re-engagement, i.e. you attack a different group, in a different system that happens to contain one of the previous ships.

I'm really not seeing your problem. There's no discrepancy between the statement and the rules, just your own interpretation. The crux of the matter is: don't re-engage. Technically you're advised to log off the character entirely for the period you're 'dead' anyway.
jammi isn't being that pedantic

"This one is not just for but for everyone since the sanction violation reports are voted on by everyone etc."

is being pedantic.
(01-09-2016, 04:57 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]It's called being professional.
You making money from this?

And apart from that, since I know the situation, it might have been better if he said that he shouldn't reenter the system and it makes it worse that he attacked the same group again.
(01-09-2016, 05:01 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2016, 04:57 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]It's called being professional.
You making money from this?

you don't have to be paid to act professional.

If this is the reason why people are not, then lol gg.

this... "im not being payed so i wont act like my position" mentality is stupid.
(01-09-2016, 04:59 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you re-engage 5 people at the same time because they were all there last time, that's probably seen as worse than if it was a 'technical' re-engagement, i.e. you attack a different group, in a different system that happens to contain one of the previous ships.

I'm really not seeing your problem. There's no discrepancy between the statement and the rules, just your own interpretation. The crux of the matter is: don't re-engage. Technically you're advised to log off the character entirely for the period you're 'dead' anyway.

My problem is that it should be more clear becasue people read these things.

Quote: Technically you're advised to log off the character entirely for the period you're 'dead' anyway.

technically, though the rule doesnt say that.
(01-09-2016, 05:25 PM)Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You can however not demand things that can not be fullfilled by the other party, such as unmounting guns in space.

Is it safe to assume now that This Sanction will be used as the basics for demands that cannot be fulfilled by the other player in space? If this is the answer for this locked thread can an admin drop in to that thread and tack on an answer to the end of it so if anyone comes across it later the answer is already there.